Want to know the best social media plugins you can install on your WordPress site?
More than half the world’s population now uses social media, so it’s the best time to integrate social networks into your website.
In this post, we’ll share with you the best WordPress social media plugins that you can use right away. These social media plugins can help you get more followers, boost your sales and grow your business in no time.
Here’s a table of contents so you can better navigate this post:
- 3 Must-Have Features of a Social Media Plugin
- What’s the Best Social Media Plugin for WordPress?
- FAQs on the Best Social Media Plugins
- Final Thoughts on the Best WordPress Social Plugins
Let’s start by talking about what you need to look for in a great social media plugin.
3 Must-Have Features of a Social Media Plugin
When it comes to choosing the best social media plugin for your WordPress site, here are the most important factors you need to consider:
Since these plugins extend the functionality of your site by loading social media content, they need to be both lightweight and powerful so they won’t slow down your website at all.
The social media plugins included in this article are built with performance in mind, so they won’t negatively affect your user experience, site SEO and page load time.
Next, you need to decide on what features you’d like your social media plugins to have.
Do you need it to display social media sharing icons in your sidebar area?
How about showing off your social media feeds on your website — does your social media plugin need to have this feature?
3. Integration with Social Media Platforms
Do you want to show your social media profile from a specific platform like Facebook, or are you using Instagram for business instead?
How about getting a single WordPress plugin that can show content from different social media channels?
Your chosen social plugin should integrate with the social media platform that your business is most active in, so you can take advantage of social media marketing to promote your brand.
With these in mind, let’s check out some of the popular social media plugins you can install on your WordPress website today.
What’s the Best Social Media Plugin for WordPress?
Since there are tons of social media plugins available on the market, it can get confusing to choose the best plugins. Luckily, we’ve curated the top social media tools you can use for your site in this post.
The social media plugins in this list are all compatible with the self-hosted version of WordPress. Check out this WordPress.com vs WordPress.org comparison for more details.
Let’s start with the #1 Instagram feed plugin for WordPress.
1. Instagram Feed Pro
Instagram Feed Pro is the Instagram feed plugin of Smash Balloon, the best social media feed plugin suite for WordPress.
It’s the best tool to help you display beautiful Instagram feeds on your website.
The awesome thing about this plugin is that it’s packed with lots of features, but it’s also user-friendly. In fact, you can use it to connect to Instagram’s API easily, so you can create and embed your Instagram feeds in just a few minutes.
Instagram Feed Pro looks amazing right out of the box since it automatically copies your website’s existing design, so your Instagram feeds match your brand’s visual identity.
Want to customize the way your Instagram feed looks like?
You can also easily do this with the plugin’s built-in visual feed customizer. In fact, you can customize your Instagram feeds just by checking or unchecking options in the left side — no coding knowledge needed!
Plus, the right side of the feed customizer shows any changes you make in real-time so it’s helpful to WordPress newbies, even without any designer experience.
Looking for a free Instagram feed plugin?
You can check out the free version of Instagram Feed Pro here. It can help you display your Instagram feed, but since it’s a free plugin, it comes with a few limitations.
Want to unlock more features that can help take your business to the top?
The premium version of Instagram Feed Pro lets you add different types of responsive Instagram feeds on your WordPress such as:
- Instagram hashtag feed
- Tagged feed
- Instagram carousel feed
- Shoppable Instagram posts
- Instagram Stories displayed on your site, and more!
With its support for displaying tons of Instagram feed types on your site, the pro version is a must-have for everyone who’s serious about getting more followers on Instagram.
Ready to get more followers and sales from Instagram?
Get started with Instagram Feed Pro today!
2. Social Wall Pro
This list for the best social media plugins won’t be complete without the best social media aggregator for WordPress: Social Wall Pro.
What’s the purpose of a social media aggregator, you ask?
As a super easy-to-use social media aggregator, Social Wall Pro lets you combine your social feeds from different platforms such as:
The cool thing about using Social Wall Pro? It’s beginner-friendly and easy to customize.
In fact, you just need to use this social media aggregator’s visual customizer to control the content you want to show. So, there’s no need to tweak code snippets, add shortcode or hire a developer to help you.
Since the plugin organizes your social media feeds into a single feed, you can easily embed this on your WordPress website so you can boost your followers in not just 1, but 4 social media platforms!
The best part about getting the Social Wall Pro plugin? If you get the discounted All Access bundle, you get access to all of Smash Balloon plugins, including:
- Instagram Feed Pro
- Twitter Feeds Pro
- YouTube Feed Pro
- Facebook Feed Pro (+ All Facebook Feed Extensions)
- Reviews Feed Pro
And did we mention that getting the bundle lets you use all of these best social media plugins on unlimited websites?
What’s more, all Smash Balloon plugins have a smart backup caching system, so this means that even if a social media platform goes down, your social media feeds will continue to work.
Increase your followers in 4 social media followers at the same time. Get started with All Access Bundle today!
Another excellent plugin to help you show social media networks on your site is SeedProd.
As the most powerful drag-and-drop WordPress website builder, you can use SeedProd to create custom WordPress themes for your website — no coding needed.
Since SeedProd is also a page builder, you can use it to display social media content on your site with its social media blocks like:
- Facebook Embed Block – embed a Facebook page on your WordPress site
- Facebook Like Block – show this on your site to let users Like your content on Facebook
- Twitter Embed Timeline – add a collection of tweets on your page
- Twitter Follow Button – display a Twitter Follow button on your website
SeedProd is a great social media plugin if you need to add social feeds to your high-converting landing pages or custom themes. Plus, it doesn’t require any coding so it’s perfect for newbie and advanced WordPress users.
Get started with SeedProd here.
4. Shared Counts
Next up on our list is a plugin that lets your readers share your posts to their friends on popular social networks: Shared Counts.
As one of the best social sharing plugins for WordPress, it comes with tons of social media icons for:
- Facebook Share button
- Twitter Tweet button
- LinkedIn Share button
- Pinterest Pin button
- Social share counts button
Shared Counts lets you add social media share button to your WordPress posts in a few clicks, so it’s a popular tool for bloggers.
Plus, the plugin supports social count display and tracking so you can use the number of shares as social proof and convince more readers to share your posts with their own followers.
5. Sassy Social Share
Do you want more users to share your content on their social media accounts? Then you may want to use Sassy Social Share for your website.
- Customizable social sharing icons – You can freely customize your social icon’s size, shape, button style and color
- Compatible with your chosen platform – Works well with WordPress, BuddyPress, BBPress and WooCommerce
- Multiple site integration – Supports 100+ social media websites and bookmarking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Linkedin, Whatsapp, Tumblr, Pinterest, Reddit and others
- Responsive social media icons – Looks great on any device and any screen size
- Lightweight coding – It’s optimized so it won’t negatively affect your site speed and performance
6. Simple Social Icons
Another fantastic social media plugin is Simple Social Icons. It offers an extremely simple way for you to show social media icons on your website’s sidebar.
- User-friendly – Easily choose which social media profiles to link to with just a few clicks
- Support for multiple social profiles – You can display icons that link to your social profiles on Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and more
- Easy customization – You can quickly customize the color, size and alignment of your icons — straight from the widget form
- Add your own icons – For advanced users, you can add additional icons you’d like to use
Another great social media plugin that can boost your followers for your ecommerce site is RafflePress, the best giveaway plugin for WordPress.
With its drag and drop giveaway builder, you can use RafflePress to create, design, and publish successful giveaway campaigns — without hiring a developer to help you.
- 100% responsive – It works great and your social media giveaways look awesome on both desktop and mobile
- Built-in templates – Comes with ready-made giveaway templates so you don’t need to create your social media giveaways from scratch
- 20+ entry actions – Lets users enter your social contests when they like or share your social posts, follow your Facebook page or subscribe to your YouTube channel
- Refer-a-Friend – Enables your users to refer your social media contests to their friends so you can get more contest-joiners and more social media followers
Ready to create viral giveaways so you can get more subscribers?
Get started with RafflePress today!
You may be wondering why OptinMonster, the best conversion optimization toolkit in the world, is on this list of top social media plugins.
That’s because it’s also a wonderful tool to help you get more social media followers — right on your website.
In our OptinMonster review, we featured tons of campaign types you can use to encourage your site visitors to follow your social media accounts: floating bars, sidebar forms, lightbox popup, and more!
For example, here’s a social media campaign template you can use to grow your followers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
And with its quick drag and drop builder, OptinMonster lets you create mobile-friendly popups in just minutes, with no technical knowledge required!
Plus, OptinMonster optimizes your social media campaigns for the highest conversion rates.
So by using this solution, you can easily boost your leads, skyrocket your sales and increase your social media followers — all in just one tool.
Ready to take your business to the next level?
Get started with OptinMonster today!
9. Social Warfare
Social media is all about sharing, that’s why we’ve included another social media plugin that can help you easily share your content in this list: Social Warfare.
As a popular social sharing plugin, you can use Social Warfare to add beautiful and lightning-fast social share buttons to your website.
- Customizable buttons – Easily customize your social sharing buttons so their style is similar to your own brand
- Google Analytics integration – Track how your social shares are performing
- Custom elements – Control the way your visitors share your content with the plugin’s custom title, custom images, and custom descriptions
One limitation when using this plugin? Social Warfare shows share buttons for your content alone — it won’t share your social media feeds on your website.
As such, some users may find their $29/month pricing a bit costly.
Especially when you consider that other social media plugins like Smash Balloon display your multiple social feeds complete with comments and reactions, provide you with instant “like” buttons, boost your site’s SEO, and many other social features for less than $29/month.
But if you’re interested in a simple social sharing plugin for your WordPress site, then Social Warfare is a good choice to get started with.
10. Revive Social
The final item on our list of the best social media plugins for your website is Revive Social. Revive Social is a collection of social media plugins including Revive Old Posts and Revive Network, which automate your content-sharing campaigns on social media.
- Automatic WordPress post share – This auto-post feature means once you’ve published your post on your WordPress site, it’ll be automatically shared on your brand accounts in top social media networks
- Content scheduler – You can set a schedule for how often you want your content to be shared automatically
- Social content analytics – Learn more about your social media marketing campaign’s performance without manually adding UTM parameters
- Revive Network – Use this add-on so you can easily share content from multiple sites to your social media accounts
FAQs on the Best Social Media Plugins for WordPress
You may have tons of questions while searching for the popular plugins you can use for social media marketing. Let’s answer some of the common questions on WordPress social media plugins below.
Are there free WordPress social plugins I can use?
If there’s no room in your budget for a premium plugin right now, then you can try the following free social media plugins for your website:
- How to Get Smash Balloon Instagram Feed Plugin for Free
- How to Download YouTube Feed Plugin (100% Free)
Which WordPress plugins can increase my social media followers?
One of the easiest ways to grow your subscribers is by displaying social media content on your website. With over 1 million active installations, Instagram Feed Pro is the best Instagram feed plugin for WordPress.
Using it, you can:
- Embed Instagram reels on your site so you can boost your video viewers
- Display Instagram posts on your sidebar to show your content to more people
- Add Instagram gallery feed to WordPress so you can promote your posts outside of Instagram
Are there other social plugins available, but not included in this list?
Yes, there are tons of other social media plugins available such as AddThis, Monarch, Social Snap, JetPack, Ultimately Social, ShareThis, AddToAny, Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress, Mashshare, Sumo, Shareaholic and others.
They weren’t added to the list as they load external scripts that slow down your sites or they’re not as performance-optimized and may impact your SEO.
Final Thoughts on the Best WordPress Social Plugins
And so, there you have it!
If you’re looking for a user-friendly plugin to show Instagram content on your website, the best social media plugin is Instagram Feed Pro.
Want to use a powerful plugin so you can get viral on social media? Then RafflePress is the best social plugin you can start using today.
Now, you know the best social media plugins that you can install on your WordPress website right away. With the help of these plugins, you can experience explosive growth in your social media accounts over time.
So what are you waiting for?
Get Smash Balloon now so you can easily convert website visitors to social media followers.
Looking for step-by-step tutorials on how to embed social feeds on your site? Here’s how you can display social media feeds on WordPress.
And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more social media tips and tricks to grow your business.