Do you want to grow your social media followers, while updating your website with new, engaging content? You can achieve that and more by integrating your social media content right on your site.
In this article, we show you how to add social media feeds to your WordPress site.
By integrating social media into your website, you can delight visitors with relevant content, boost your followers, and secure more potential customers.
Since this article is packed full of guides for adding more than one type of social media feed to WordPress, here is a table of contents to help you navigate:
- How to add Facebook Feeds to WordPress
- How to add Instagram Feeds to WordPress
- How to add Twitter Feeds to WordPress
- How to add YouTube Feeds to WordPress
- How to add Social Feeds to WordPress (Combined)
Before we dive into how to add your feeds to WordPress, let’s look at why it can help your business.
Why Add Social Feeds to WordPress?
With millions of people using them daily, social media platforms are perfect for connecting with your target audience.
But why limit that to your social channels?
By adding social media feeds to your WordPress site, you get to show your social content to all your site visitors. So, they get a broader understanding of your business and how you can help them.
But that’s not all.
Here are a few more benefits of displaying social media feeds on your website:
- Instead of adding easy-to-miss social icons, you’re embedding your social media feeds on your website. They’re great for brand awareness because these social feeds contain your real-time updates and social media posts.
- You can display all your feeds in a single place, so visitors can see which social media posts you publish on each platform — right on your website.
- With social media feeds on your website, it’s easier to display user-generated content (UGC) to improve your reputation. It also encourages users to submit their own UGC using relevant hashtags.
- Displaying social media feeds with UGC influences your visitors to buy from you.
- Social media feeds are the ideal way to display social proof for your brand. This creates social trust, making your customers loyal to your business.
- Adding social media feeds to your website also boosts your SEO — with the help of the right plugin to improve your search rankings for you.
Now you know why adding social media feeds on your business site is important, let’s move on to how to do it.
How Can I Add a Social Media Feed to My Website?
The best way to add a social media feed to your website is to use a WordPress plugin.
The best social media plugins in WordPress lets you add more features and functionality to your website, even if you’re not comfortable with coding or CSS.
All you have to do is install the plugin, activate it and let it do the hard work for you.
Now, you might be wondering, “What is the best social media plugin for WordPress?”.
Since there are so many to choose from, it can be pretty scary finding one with all the features you need for your site.
To add social media feeds to your WordPress site, we suggest using the suite of social feed plugins from Smash Balloon.
Trusted by over 1.4 million active users, and with an average rating of 4.9 stars out of 5, they’re the best social media feed plugins for WordPress.
And the best part? All of the plugins are designed to be ultra fast so they won’t slow down your website at all.
The 2 key goals of Smash Balloon are to:
- Create and maintain the most user-friendly, beautiful and impressive social media plugins your website has ever seen.
- Provide the quickest, friendliest, and most mind-blowingly amazing product support you have ever experienced.
So today, we’re using each of Smash Balloons plugins to add social media feeds of popular social networks to WordPress for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube — step-by-step.
Let’s kick things off by looking at how to add a Facebook feed to WordPress below.
Adding Facebook Feeds to Your WordPress Site
To add a Facebook feed to your WordPress website, first, get your copy of the Custom Facebook Feed Pro plugin here.
Then, upload and activate the plugin in WordPress. You can learn how to install a WordPress plugin in this step-by-step tutorial.
Once the Facebook Feed plugin is installed and activated on your website, head to Facebook Feed » Settings.
Next, click the blue Connect a Facebook Account button to link your Facebook profile to your website.
Next, connect either a Facebook page or a Facebook group. For this example, we’ll choose the page option.
Now, follow the on-screen prompts to connect to Facebook and choose to connect 1 or multiple Facebook pages.
Then click Connect This Page to get set up.
Want to manually connect to the Facebook feed plugin? Click Manually Connect Account and enter your Facebook ID and Access Token. This is useful if you don’t have the privileges required to connect to a Facebook page or group but still want to display the feed on your website.
When you scroll down the page, there are various settings you can configure, such as how many posts you display in a feed, how often the plugin checks for new posts, and time zone options.
Feel free to play around with those settings to find what suits your site the best. But, if the thought of fiddling with them fills you with fear, don’t worry. Your feed will still work beautifully without changing a thing.
Just remember to click Save Changes.
Customizing Your Facebook Feed
Next, if you head to Facebook Feed » Customize, you’ll see a range of settings dedicated to how your Facebook feed appears on your website.
And along the top of the page are different tabs related to different feed sections such as:
- Post layout settings
- Post style settings
- Miscellaneous settings
- Custom text and translation settings
You can also select which posts are displayed in your default feed by ticking and unticking the checkboxes. Choose from different post types such as Facebook statuses, events, photos, videos, links and albums.
Further down the page, you can also customize:
- Your feed header
- The like box widget included at the top or bottom of your feed
- The load more button
- Your feed’s lightbox that pops up when users click media in your feed
Click Show Customization Options to expand the settings for these features.
The Post Layout tab is where you can choose from 3 different layout options for your Facebook feed which are:
- Thumbnail: A small thumbnail image with your feed content to the right displayed in a WordPress horizontal Facebook feed.
- Half-width: A featured image half the width of your site’s container, with text content displayed on the right-hand side.
- Full-width: A featured image spanning the full width of your site’s content container, with text content displayed above the image.
You can also choose to automatically display full-width Facebook feeds when your site container is narrow or on mobile devices to make it easier for users to browse. Plus, there’s the option to show only a single image per post.
The following section is where you can choose the information included in your feeds such as description text, post actions, likes and comments, and more.
When you’ve finished configuring the layout settings, click Save Changes.
Now that you’ve set things up and customized your Facebook feed, let’s look at adding this social media feed to your WordPress site.
Embedding Your Facebook Feed
If you’re wondering, “How do I embed a Facebook feed?” the answer is pretty simple. With the Custom Facebook Feed Pro plugin, you can add your feeds to any post, page, sidebar or footer areas in WordPress with a few clicks.
Let’s look at how to add a Facebook feed to a page in WordPress.
First, head to Pages » Add New from your WordPress dashboard. Then click the Plus (+) icon to add a new WordPress content block.
In the search box, type Facebook to reveal the Facebook feed block and click it to add it to your page.
Now you’ll see a preview of how your feed will look live on your website.
Click Publish. Then, your feed will look similar to the one below, based on your settings when you navigate to the live page.
Now that you know how to add a Facebook feed to WordPress, it’s time to learn how to do the same for Instagram.
Adding an Instagram Feed to WordPress
Adding an Instagram feed to WordPress follows a similar process to the one for Facebook, and it’s the ideal way to increase Instagram followers.
First, get the Instagram Feed Pro plugin from Smash Balloon here. Then install and activate the plugin using these step-by-step instructions.
Next, connect to your Instagram account by clicking the blue Connect an Instagram Account button. You can also manually connect to Instagram by entering a valid Instagram Access Token.
The Instagram Feed plugin lets you display posts from different sources, such as from:
- User Account: A feed of the latest posts from your Instagram account.
- Hashtag: Display feeds based on specific hashtags.
- Tagged: Feeds containing only content you’re tagged in.
- Mixed: A feed with multiple content types, including hashtags, tags, and more.
So choose which feed type you’d like to display and click Save Changes.
Customizing Your Instagram Feed
Next, head to Instagram Feed » Settings » Customize to choose how you’d like to display your feed on your website.
At the top of the page, you can set the width, height, and background color of your feed. You can also customize your Instagram feed’s layout by choosing from the templates below:
- Grid: A simple grid of square-cropped Instagram post images.
- Carousel: Posts from your feed displayed in a slideshow carousel.
- Masonry: Instagram feed posts displayed in their original aspect ratios with no space between them.
- Highlight: Masonry style cropped post images with no captions or likes displayed.
You can also set the number of photos in your feed and the columns and padding.
Below that section are options for controlling the header, load more button, and follow buttons for your Instagram feed. Simply click Show Customization Options for each section to reveal the settings.
Remember to click Save Changes when you’re finished with this section.
With your Instagram feed customized, how do you display it?
We’ve put together a detailed guide on how to embed your Instagram feed on WordPress here, which we’re sure you’ll find super-helpful.
You can also use the free version of Instagram Feed Pro here, but it’s limited to showing Instagram feeds from your own account only. If you want to add Instagram feeds from different sources, it’s better to get the premium version instead.
You’ve got Facebook and Instagram feeds nailed. But what about Twitter? Let’s look at that next.
Adding a Twitter Social Media Feed to WordPress
To add your Twitter feed to WordPress, begin by getting your copy of Custom Twitter Feeds Pro from Smash Balloon here. Then use the instructions linked earlier in this tutorial to install and activate the plugin.
Next, head to Twitter Feeds » Settings and click the blue button to login and authorize your Twitter account.
Next, scroll down to the Feed Settings area. The pro version of this plugin lets you choose to display your tweets in different feed types:
- User Timeline: A feed of posts from your main Twitter timeline.
- Hashtags: A feed containing posts from specific hashtags.
- Search: Perform an advanced search and display the results in a Twitter feed.
- Home Timeline: Display tweets from both yourself and those people you follow.
- Mentions Timeline: Show a feed of tweets you’re mentioned in from others.
- Lists: Display curated twitter lists in your feed by entering the list IDs.
Below that section, you can choose how many tweets to display and how often the plugin should check for new content.
Now let’s find out how to customize your Twitter feed.
Customizing Your Twitter Feed
To customize your Twitter feed, navigate to the Customize tab at the top of the Settings page.
Here you can set the width and height of your feed, as well as choose the type of layout you’d like including:
- List: A full-width list of your tweets.
- Carousel: A slideshow carousel of tweets with settings to customize the number of columns, loop type, navigation arrows, and more.
- Masonry: A feed of tweets in columns with no space between each post.
When you’ve chosen a layout, you can scroll down to pick which details you’d like to include in your feed and tweak the settings for media.
Remember to click Save Changes before moving onto embedding your Twitter feed.
Embedding Your Twitter Feed
Just like Facebook and Instagram, you can embed your Twitter feed into any post, page, or widget-ready area of your WordPress site.
Let’s talk about how you can embed your Twitter feed in a WordPress post, which is an excellent way to highlight relevant content for your visitors.
First, head to Posts » Add New from your WordPress dashboard. Then click the Plus (+) icon to add a new WordPress content block.
In the search box provided, type Twitter to find the Twitter Feed block and click it to add it to your post.
You’ll then see a preview of your feed, which you can check before publishing. Once you’ve published your post, it will look similar to the example below:
For more details on how to embed a Twitter feed in WordPress, see this tutorial.
But what if Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter doesn’t have your target audience, while YouTube is thriving with users perfect for your business?
There’s a great YouTube feed plugin, which we’ll show you how to use next.
Adding a YouTube Feed to Your WordPress Site
To start adding a YouTube feed to WordPress so visitors can enjoy your video content, get a copy of the Feeds for YouTube Pro plugin. Then proceed to install and activate it on your WordPress site.
From there, head to Feeds for YouTube » Settings, and link your YouTube account by clicking the big blue button to connect.
For several features to work correctly, you’ll also need to add the API key to your account, which you can learn how to set up in our guide to creating and using YouTube API keys here. Just follow the popup instructions to successfully connect your YouTube account to the plugin.
Once you’ve linked your YouTube account, choose which default feed you want to show on your website. You can choose from the following options:
- Channel: Display all posts from the selected YouTube channel.
- Playlist: Show a specific YouTube playlist feed on your website.
- Favorites: Display a feed of videos from your favorites list.
- Search: Perform a custom search and have the results added to a custom YouTube feed on WordPress.
- Live Stream: Display a feed of your current and future live streams on your site.
- Single Videos: Show multiple, single videos in your feed based on the video ID.
Customizing Your YouTube Feed
First, click the Customize tab at the top of the settings page, and start by setting the width, height, and background color of your feed.
Then, move on to the Layout section to choose how your feeds look on your site. The feeds for YouTube plugin offers several ways to style your YouTube feed, including:
- Grid: Video thumbnails shown in a uniform grid with videos opening in a lightbox when clicked.
- Gallery: One big video that plays when clicked, with more videos displayed in a thumbnail grid below.
- List: A single full-width column of videos that play when clicked.
- Carousel: A slideshow carousel of YouTube videos in your feed.
Below that section, you can set the information displayed in each feed, such as user names, play icons, view numbers, stream countdown, and more.
Below are the options for your feed’s Header, Load More, and Subscribe Button.
You can also improve the video experience for users by changing the player ratio size, choosing if the video plays automatically or when clicked, and selecting a call to action for when the video is paused or reaches the end.
And just like the other Smash Balloon social feed plugins, there are settings to moderate your feeds, enter code snippets, and control more advanced features.
Just remember to click the Save Changes button before embedding your YouTube feed in WordPress.
Embedding Your YouTube Feed
All Smash Balloon social feeds are super-easy to embed in WordPress. You’ve already learned how to add social media feeds to pages and posts in this article.
So next, we’ll show you how to embed your YouTube feed in a widget-ready area of your WordPress website.
Here, we’ll add a YouTube feed to the After Entry widget-ready area. This area displays after a blog post and is often used to show a link magnet for content upgrades and sign-up forms.
First, go to Appearance » Widgets from your WordPress admin area. Then locate the YouTube Feed widget and drag it to your chosen widget area.
Next click Done, and Save, then navigate to your live website to view your YouTube feed displayed in all its glory.
Here’s a preview of how our YouTube feed looks in the After Entry widget area:
How to Add Social Media Feeds to WordPress (Combined)
What if you want to add multiple social media accounts and just combine them into 1 feed?
With Smash Balloon’s Social Wall Pro plugin, you can easily do this with the help of the best social media aggregator in WordPress.
To begin, get your own copy of Social Wall Pro here. After downloading the plugin, install it on your website by following the instructions on this post on how to install WordPress plugins to WordPress.
Since you’ve already followed the instructions above to connect your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube accounts to Smash Balloon’s plugins, the next step is easy.
From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to Social Feeds » Create a Social Wall.
On this page, you can check the social media accounts you want to display on your social media feed.
For this tutorial social media aggregator in WordPress tutorial, we’ll show the social media feeds from all 4 channels, so check Add to Wall for all accounts, like this:
Remember to click on Save Changes, then move on to the next step below.
Customize Your Social Media Feed
To start, click on the Customize tab at the top of your settings page. On this page, you can easily control how many posts to display in your social media feed. You can also select from multiple layout options. For this tutorial, let’s select the masonry layout.
After finalizing your customization options, it’s time to display your social media feed to your website.
Add Your Social Media Feed to WordPress
As the best social media aggregator, Social Wall Pro makes it super easy for you to add your social media feed to your website.
From your WordPress dashboard, just navigate to Social Feeds » Create a Social Wall. The plugin automatically makes the shortcode for you — you just need to copy it!
To add your social media feeds to a WordPress page, go to Pages » Add New Page from your WordPress dashboard.
Then, just paste the shortcode you copied into your page editor. Feel free to edit the page’s title, and when you’re happy with how it’s set up, click Publish to make it live on your website like this:
You now know how to add social media feeds to your WordPress site using the super-easy suite of plugins from Smash Balloon.
So what are you waiting for?
You may want to check out this next post on the best social media feed plugins on WordPress to help boost your sales.