Looking for an easy way to show your Twitter slideshow in your WordPress website? You’ve come to the right place.
Displaying your Twitter feeds helps you show updated content to your visitors. Plus, it’s also a refreshing way to boost your brand exposure and customer engagement.
Twitter doesn’t allow you to customize your feed’s layout, though. And it’s a bit tricky to customize Twitter code without hiring a developer.
That’s why in this post, we’ll show you an easy way to add a Twitter slideshow to your site — even if you’re not tech-savvy.
Ready? Let’s get started.
Easiest Way to Add a Twitter Slideshow
If you want, you can show your Twitter feed in your site by embedding manually. But, this method comes with lots of difficulties and risks:
- Difficult to set up: If you’re not comfortable with coding, it’s not easy to set up since you have to manually embed lots of code and switch between different webpages.
- Takes a lot of time: Missed a line of code? Or did something wrong? You’d need lots of time figuring out what went wrong.
- Confusing and prone to error: Since you’re embedding manually, you carry the risk of accidentally breaking your site just because of tiny mistakes.
- No customization choices: Want to show a Twitter slideshow? You can’t. When you manually add your feed to WordPress, you can’t freely customize your feed’s layout and style.
- No filters: You can’t also filter your feed’s content. So if you want to moderate the tweets you’ll show in your feed, it’s not possible.
If this is the case, then, what’s the best way to embed a Twitter slideshow to your WordPress? By using the highest-rated Twitter feed plugin for WordPress: Custom Twitter Feeds Pro.
This non-techie plugin makes creating Twitter slideshows in WordPress so easy — even complete newbies can freely use it. Don’t just take our word for it: with a solid star rating of 4.9/5 stars, Custom Twitter Feeds Pro is happily recommended by over 75,000 users.
If you use Custom Twitter Feeds Pro to add Twitter slideshows in your website, you get to enjoy its features, like:
- Super easy to set up: Once installed, you can set everything up and display your Twitter feed easily. Even if you’re not an IT guru.
- Time-saving and efficient: Show your Twitter slideshow feed in just under 5 minutes!
- User-friendly: No need to tweak codes or risk accidentally breaking your site. It just takes several clicks to customize your feed and control the tweets you show.
- Lots of customization choices: Want to show your Twitter feed in a slideshow layout? With the plugin’s different layouts and customization choices, you can. You just need to check or uncheck — no confusing code needed.
- Control your content: The plugin allows you to filter tweets so you can only show the feeds you want to. This is especially helpful when you want to show social media testimonials to use social proof for increased conversions.
And did we mention the best part? When you get your own copy of Custom Twitter Feeds Pro, you have access to a friendly and fast support team of WordPress experts who can guide you.
So if you find yourself needing help, just send them a message and they’ll do their best to give you a hand.
Ready to increase your Twitter followers by showing your engaging Twitter feed? Check out the step-by-step tutorial to embed your Twitter feed in a slideshow below:
Step 1: Install and Activate Custom Twitter Feeds Pro Plugin
First, get your own copy of Custom Twitter Feeds Pro plugin here. After getting your own copy, install and activate the plugin on your WordPress website.
Confused on how to do this? You don’t need to be. Just check out this nifty tutorial on how to install a WordPress plugin on your website.
Step 2: Connect Your Twitter Account
Once you’re done with installing and activating your plugin, the next step is connecting your Twitter account to WordPress. Start by clicking on Twitter Feeds on your WordPress dashboard. Under the Configuration tab, click the blue button to connect your Twitter account.
Step 3: Choose Your Twitter Slideshow Feed Type
Done connecting your Twitter account to the plugin? Great!
To continue adding a Twitter feed to your website, scroll down to the Feed Settings section. Here, you can choose the type of content you want to show in your Twitter slideshow feed.
You can choose from the following feed types:
- User Timeline: Shows tweets from your own Twitter timeline.
- Hashtag: Shows tweets filtered on specific hashtags.
- Search: Shows tweets based on the results of an advanced Twitter search.
- Home Timeline: Show tweets from yourself and the accounts you follow.
- Mentions Timeline: Shows tweets that mention your Twitter handle.
- Lists: Shows tweets from your specificTwitter lists.
After choosing your feed type for your Twitter slideshow feed, you can also select how many tweets you want to display in your feed.
Once you’re done with choosing your feed type and the number of tweets to show, click on Save Changes and move on to the next step.
Step 4: Choose Your Twitter Slideshow Layout
This tutorial focuses on adding a Twitter slideshow feed to your site. That’s why choosing your Twitter feed’s layout is the key.
To do this, first, scroll up to the top of the settings page, then click on the Customize tab. Under the General section, you can control the width and height of your feed.
Focus on the important part: scroll down until you see the Layout section. To show a Twitter slideshow feed on your WordPress, choose Carousel.
The carousel layout helps you show your Twitter feed in a horizontal slideshow carousel, like this:
Don’t forget to click on Save Changes. Then, move on to the next step to control how your Twitter feed will look like on your website.
Step 5: Customize Your Twitter Slideshow Feed
Now, it’s time for you to style your Twitter feed. First, scroll upwards and click on the Style tab. On this section, you can easily customize the color, background color and font of text and links in your feed. Just tick or untick the options.
Sure, your Twitter slideshow feed looks great right out of the box. It inherits your website’s theme, after all. But it’s always better to have even more control over its design, right? This is exactly what Custom Twitter Feeds Pro plugin gives you.
Once you’re happy with the look of your feed, click on Save Changes.
Step 6: Display Your Twitter Slideshow Feed to Your WordPress
You’ve now learned how to create and customize your Twitter slideshow feed. Great! The final step is learning about how to display it on your website. You can do this by adding your Twitter slideshow feed to your website’s page or sidebar.
Not sure which way is better for you? Don’t worry. You can check out both methods below to guide you:
Add Your Twitter Slideshow Feed to Your Site’s Page
To do this, make a new page on your website first. Navigate to Pages » Add New.
Then, a new blank page with the block editor will be created for you. Then, click the Plus (+) icon to add a new WordPress block. Type “twitter” into the search box and click on the Twitter Feed widget.
Once you’ve clicked on the Twitter widget, it’s automatically added to your content editor. Here, you can freely edit the page title and make sure everything looks great before you publish it.
Happy with your Twitter slideshow feed’s visuals? Click on Publish to make it live on your WordPress. Now, your website visitors can see it when they check out your site.
Add Your Twitter Slideshow Feed to Your Site’s Sidebar
By using Custom Twitter Feeds Pro, you can also embed your Twitter slideshow feed to your sidebar area. The plugin has a ready-made widget, after all.
To use it, navigate to Appearance » Widgets from your dashboard. Then, drag the Custom Twitter Feed widget to your chosen sidebar.
Don’t forget to click on Save so the plugin remembers your settings. Once you’ve done this, your website visitors can now see your Twitter slideshow feed on your sidebar, like this.
And there you have it.
By reading through this step-by-step guide, you’ve now learned how to add a Twitter slideshow feed to your WordPress site. Now, you can easily increase your Twitter followers, build an engaging community and grow your business over time.