Want to get Smash Balloon’s Instagram feed plugin for free?
You can use Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed, the free version of the Instagram Feed plugin, without spending a penny.
And the best part? This isn’t a time-limited offer, since you can use this WordPress plugin for 100% free — forever.
In this article, we’ll show you how to get an unlimited free trial of Smash Balloon’s Instagram Feed plugin by using the Social Photo Feed plugin for free.
What is Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed?
Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed is the free version of Instagram Feed Pro, the best Instagram feed plugin for WordPress.
As the most powerful and easiest-to-use Instagram feed plugin for WordPress, it helps you display customizable Instagram feeds on your site in under 5 minutes!
As the best WordPress plugin for Instagram feeds, it automatically copy the colors of your WordPress theme and look great right out of the box — no need to write a single line of code or hire a developer.
How much is the lite version of Smash Balloon Instagram Feed Pro, you ask? You’ll be glad to know that Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed is 100% free, forever.
Social Photo Feed Features
As the free version of Instagram Feed Pro, Social Photo Feed makes it easy for WordPress newbies like you to embed interactive Instagram feeds on your website with just a few clicks.
What’s more, you can use the plugin to automatically display responsive and mobile-ready Instagram feeds on your WordPress posts, pages, or widget areas like the sidebar or footer.
So, you don’t have to manually deal with confusing code snippets just to make your Instagram feeds look great on any device.
Here are other key features you get with the free trial of Social Photo Feed:
- Super easy to set up: You get a guided flow to help you set up your Instagram feed in just a few clicks — even if you’re a WordPress beginner.
- Multiple Instagram accounts: Show photos from multiple Instagram accounts in the same feed or in separate feeds.
- Lightning-fast: Your Instagram feed loads super fast because the plugin stores a cached copy on your site. So, it doesn’t slow down your website at all which is great for your SEO.
- GDPR-compliant: It automatically integrates with many of the popular GDPR cookie consent plugins and includes an easy 1-click GDPR setting.
- Always updated: WordPress or Instagram updated their platforms? We’ve got you. Since the plugin’s updated regularly, it’s guaranteed to continue working smoothly with these platforms.
- Instagram oEmbeds: You can also use the Social Photo Feed plugin to automatically power your Instagram oEmbeds and easily display Instagram posts.
- Top-notch customer support: Get access to a team of WordPress experts who can help you smoothly integrate Instagram content into your website. For free.
Is Smash Balloon Instagram Feed Plugin Free?
Yes, if you’re using Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed plugin to add Instagram feeds on your website, it’s completely free.
If you want to get added features that can help you take your business to the next level, you can pay for an upgraded license of Smash Balloon Instagram Feed Pro.
That said, how does the free version compare to the premium version in terms of features?
Smash Balloon Instagram Feed — Free vs Pro Version
While the free version of Instagram Feed offers a lot of features, you can easily upgrade to Instagram Feed Pro to unlock even more helpful features, so you can:
- Sort posts by the number of likes
- Display Hashtag feeds with single or multiple hashtags to show relevant Instagram content
- Display “Tagged” feeds of posts that you’re photo-tagged in
- View post comments and the number of likes and comments for Instagram user feeds
- Create Instagram carousels from your posts and make your site more interactive
- Display Instagram stories to engage your visitors with fresh content
- View Instagram photos and play videos directly on the site in a popup lightbox
- Use “Masonry” or “Highlight” layout options for your Instagram images and videos
- Create shoppable Instagram feeds to boost your sales
- Get priority customer support
- And a whole lot more!
As you can see, there’s a lot that you can do with Instagram Feed Pro. If you’re serious about Instagram marketing, then this plugin can be a massive help.
How Do I Get a Smash Balloon Instagram Feed for Free?
It’s easy to get Smash Balloon Instagram Feed for free. How?
All you need to do is download the Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed plugin and activate it on your WordPress website.
Need some help on how to do this? Don’t worry. We’ll show you how to easily do this step-by-step in the next section below.
How Do I Install Smash Balloon Instagram Feed Free Version?
Ready to get the latest version of your Smash Balloon Instagram Feed free trial? Great!
Your forever-free trial works on WordPress.org, so make sure that you’re using WordPress.org, not WordPress.com.
To know the difference between the two, check out this detailed post on WordPress.com vs WordPress.org.
Then, follow the steps below to install and activate the free version of the plugin.
Step 1: Install the Social Photo Feed Plugin
The first step is to visit your WordPress website’s dashboard. Then, on the left-hand panel, hover your mouse over the Plugins menu and click Add New.
Next, in the search box in the right-hand corner, type “Smash Balloon Instagram Feed”.
Then click on the Install Now button next to the plugin called “Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed”.
Finally, click on the Activate button next to the plugin to finish adding it to your website.
With that, you’ve now installed and activated the Smash Balloon Instagram free plugin to your website.
Step 2: Create Your Instagram Feed
Now you can go ahead and create your Instagram feed. To do that, head to Instagram Feed » All Feeds from the WordPress admin area.
After that, click on the big Add New button at the top.
Once you click on it, the plugin will ask you which type of Instagram feed you want to create.
With the premium version of the plugin, you can select advanced feed types like public hashtags, tagged posts, and more.
To continue, just select the User Timeline option which allows you to show posts from your own Instagram account. Then, click on the Next button.
Just like that, you now have a new Instagram feed on your website. In the next step , you can connect it to your Instagram account.
Step 3: Connect Your Feed to Instagram
After creating your new feed, you can connect it to Instagram so that it can show Instagram content on your website.
To do that, click on the Add Source button on this page.
The plugin will then ask you to choose between a personal or business account.
A personal Instagram account lets you display photos and videos from your own Instagram account only.
Meanwhile, a business Instagram account lets you show hashtag feeds, IGTV videos, mentions feeds, and much more.
This is available only in Instagram Feed Pro, so if you want to unlock more features of the plugin, you can easily upgrade to the premium version.
Since you’re using the free version of Instagram Feed, choose Personal. Then, click on Login with Instagram.
Next, confirm the account you’d like to connect to by clicking on the Allow button.
Smash Balloon’s Instagram feed plugin will only ask for read-only access to your account.
Using this access, it can’t make any changes and will only view your Instagram posts so Smash Balloon is completely safe.
Finally, click on the Next button to finish connecting your Instagram account.
After that, the plugin will take you to the live feed editor where you can find the customization options for your Instagram feed.
Here, you can change your feed size, colors, header design, color scheme, and much more in just a few clicks.
Once you’re done, you can easily embed your Instagram feed directly from the live feed editor.
And that’s it!
Now you know how to get the best Instagram feed WordPress plugin free of cost for your website.
You can use it to easily display your Instagram feeds to boost user engagement, encourage sales and grow your business in no time.
Need some help in embedding your Instagram feed on your WordPress site? Check out our step-by-step tutorial on how to embed your Instagram feed on WordPress.
Or, if you’re brand new to Smash Balloon and you want to take your business to the next level, get started with Instagram Feed Pro today.