Want to learn how to embed Instagram posts on your WordPress site?
Showing off beautiful Instagram photos and videos on your site is a great way to boost your user engagement. At the same time, your site traffic can help increase your Instagram followers.
Plus, it’s super easy to do with the right tool. You can start embedding all kinds of Instagram posts with no coding needed.
Today, we’ll show you how to embed an Instagram post on WordPress in just a few easy steps.
Why Embed Instagram Posts on WordPress
Adding Instagram posts can help your site out in lots of ways.
First, you’re showing fresh new content that makes your site more engaging to look at. And that’s just the start, you can also use it for social media marketing.
In fact, here’s a few ways great you can integrate Instagram to your website:
- You can show video reviews or testimonials from Instagram that encourage visitors to buy your products.
- With shoppable Instagram feeds, you can even directly link your Instagram posts to your sales pages.
- If you show Instagram posts of real people using and interacting with your brand, it can act as social proof which encourages visitors to make a purchase.
- With beautiful Instagram posts on your site, you can also turn your visitors into Instagram followers.
- A nice feed of Instagram posts can make your site look beautiful as well. And all that without the hassle of uploading all the images to WordPress.
As you can see, there’s a lot you can do just by adding Instagram posts to your website. All you need is the right tool and you can start growing your business right away.
How to Embed Instagram Posts on WordPress With a Plugin
Now, the first step is to find the best way to embed Instagram posts. There’s two ways you can do it:
- With oEmbeds: With this feature, you can paste your Instagram URL and WordPress would automatically embed it. Sadly, this method can be really time-consuming. Plus, WordPress doesn’t support it anymore.
- With a WordPress plugin: A plugin like Instagram Feed Pro makes it super easy to embed your posts. You can enable oEmbeds and even embed tons of posts at the same time in a feed.
In the past, you had the oEmbeds feature. You just had to paste the link to your Instagram post and WordPress would automatically embed it.
Sadly, WordPress discontinued oEmbeds for Instagram and Facebook on October 24, 2020. So you can’t embed Instagram posts in WordPress by just pasting the link.
If you still want to add Instagram posts to WordPress the old way, you’ll have to register with Facebook as an app developer. That can take a lot of your time and it’s complicated as well.
The good news is, there’s another way to do it and it’s much easier.
With the help of the best Instagram feed plugin for WordPress, Instagram Feed Pro, you’ll have a much easier time adding Instagram posts to WordPress.
The plugin brings back oEmbeds for Instagram and Facebook once again. So, all you need to do is paste the link to your Instagram posts when you use it.
If that wasn’t enough, Instagram Feed Pro also comes with lots of other features. Here’s a few highlights for you:
- Super Easy & Quick Setup: You can get started and start embedding Instagram posts in just a few minutes. Plus, the whole process is really easy — you don’t need to do any complicated coding.
- Different Instagram Feed Types: With Instagram Feed Pro, you can also embed entire feeds of Instagram posts. You also get a lot of variety here, from shoppable Instagram posts and hashtag feeds to IGTV videos.
- Lightning Fast: Worried about all the photos and videos slowing your site down? With Instagram Feed Pro, your Instagram posts will load super fast all the time. Plus, a faster site will be much better for SEO.
- Customer support: If you ever run into any issues while embedding your Instagram posts on your site, then you can count on the dedicated support team to help you out.
With all that and more, Instagram Feed Pro has become the #1 highest rated Instagram Feed plugin for WordPress. And over 1,000,000 active users and a rating of 4.9/5 stars speak for itself.
In fact, some of the biggest brands from all over the globe also use Instagram Feed Pro.
As you can see, it’s so much easier to embed your Instagram feed to WordPress with a plugin. Just give Instagram Feed Pro a shot today!
Step 1: Install and Activate Instagram Feed Pro
First of all, you can get your copy of Instagram Feed Pro here. Once you have it, install it to your WordPress site and activate it.
If you’re not sure how to do it, we have a handy article on installing WordPress plugins.
Step 2: Connect Your Instagram Account
With the plugin installed and activated, go to Instagram Feed » Settings from your WordPress dashboard.
Once you’ve done that, just click on the large Connect an Instagram Account button.
A pop-up will now appear, asking you to pick between a Personal and Business profile. If you don’t know what they are, here’s a quick guide:
- Personal Profile: You can use it for all of Instagram’s basic features. In this plugin, you can use a personal profile only to show your own Instagram posts.
- Business Profile: A business profile can give you a few more features like analytics and a contact button. You’ll be able to show all kinds of Instagram posts and feeds with this option.
Just pick your option and click on Connect.
Once you do that, it will redirect you to Instagram where you’ll have to give read-only access to this plugin. Click on Allow to do that.
Now, all you have to do is click on Connect This Account here.
You’ve now officially connected your Instagram account to WordPress.
Step 3: Enable oEmbeds for Instagram
You can now move on to the next step and go to Instagram Feed » oEmbeds from your dashboard.
In this page, click on the Enable Instagram oEmbeds button.
You will now have to connect your site to Facebook as well. That’s because Instagram itself is a part of Facebook.
So, click on Connect to Facebook.
Here, just click on Next to continue.
Finally, click on Done to finish this up.
Now, you’ve enabled oEmbeds for your website! You can embed Instagram photos and videos to WordPress just by pasting the link now.
Step 4: Customize Your Instagram Feed
You can now move on to the next step, personalizing your Instagram feed. To get started, click on the Customize tab at the top.
In this new page, you can change the size, background color, layout, font, and various other parts of your Instagram feed.
Now, scroll down from here and look for the Layout Type option under the Layout section.
You can now pick the overall layout for your Instagram feeds and choose from 4 options: grid, carousel, masonry, and highlight.
If you want your content to be presented in neat rows and columns, then the grid option can help you out here.
For something more dynamic, you can go for the carousel instead. This will put your Instagram posts on a beautiful slider.
Similarly, Instagram Feed Pro also gives you a nice looking masonry option that shows your posts while keeping their original proportions.
And finally, you can go for the highlight option if you want your photos and videos to be prominent. With this layout, your posts will have 4x the size of your usual posts.
Once you’ve picked your layout, scroll down and click on Save Changes.
And these are just the basics. There’s tons of more amazing options that can help you set the size, margins, background color, font size, font color, and a lot more.
You can use them to build Instagram feeds that match your branding.
Step 5: Embed Your Instagram Posts
How to Embed an Instagram Post on WordPress
Finally, it’s time to show you how to embed an Instagram post on your WordPress site.
First, go to Pages » Add New from your dashboard to open up the editor.
You can also use a WordPress post if you like. To do that, go to Posts » Add New.
After you’ve done that, just paste the link to your Instagram post.
As you can see, you can now embed Instagram photos and videos on WordPress posts and pages easily — just paste the link.
In fact, you can even add your Instagram posts to your sidebar now. First, go to Appearance » Widgets from your dashboard.
Now, just drag the text widget from the left and drop into the sidebar panel on the right.
This will open up the widget editor. Here, you can just paste the link like before and WordPress will automatically embed it.
Then, just click on the save button to finish up.
Just open up your WordPress site to check and you should see your post on the sidebar.
You can also add your Instagram post to the footer this way.
How to Embed an Instagram Feed on WordPress
Instead of adding one Instagram post at a time, you have an easier option here. You can embed an Instagram feed instead, which adds a bunch of Instagram posts to your site at once.
And it’s easy to embed on your website as well. Like with an Instagram post, go to Pages » Add New and create a new page.
Or to embed it on a WordPress post, you can go to Posts » Add New instead.
Inside your block editor, just click on the plus icon (+) and select the Instagram WordPress block.
Now you can show a beautiful WordPress feed to your visitors. It’s really that easy.
In fact, you can also add your feed to the WordPress sidebar or footer. First, go to Appearance » Widgets from your dashboard.
Now look for the Instagram Feed widget on the right. Just drag and drop it into the sidebar panel.
And you’re good to go! Just check your site and you can now see your Instagram feed on the sidebar.
You don’t have to mess about with any embed codes or Instagram shortcodes with this WordPress plugin. It’s all really simple with the Instagram Feed Pro plugin.
So that’s it!
Hopefully, this post showed you how to embed an Instagram post on WordPress.
All you need is this plugin and you can get started in no time. You can then create, customize, and post Instagram feeds that will boost user engagement.
So what are you waiting for? Get started with Instagram Feed Pro today!
In fact, why don’t you go and grab the Social Wall Pro Bundle to get unlimited access to all of Smash Balloon’s plugins for unlimited websites! And if it isn’t right for you, you have the 100% money back guarantee!
With these amazing tools, social media marketing will be a piece of cake for you.