Want to learn how to embed Instagram posts on WordPress?
Showing off beautiful Instagram photos and videos on your site is a great way to boost your user engagement.
At the same time, your site traffic can help increase your Instagram followers.
Plus, it’s super easy to do with the right tool. You can start embedding all kinds of Instagram posts with no coding needed.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to embed an Instagram post on your site in just a few easy steps — perfect for WordPress beginners.
First, let’s see how adding Instagram posts to your website can help your business.
Or you can click on the section you want to go to by using this table of contents:
- Why Embed Instagram Posts on WordPress
- Easiest Way to Embed Instagram Posts on Your Site
- How to Embed Instagram Posts on WordPress
- How to Embed Instagram Video on Your Website
Why Embed Instagram Posts on WordPress
Adding Instagram posts can help your WordPress website out in lots of ways.
First, you’re showing fresh new media content that makes your site more engaging to look at. And that’s just the start, you can also use it for social media marketing.
In fact, here are a few ways great you can integrate Instagram into your website:
- Your website visitors can see video reviews or testimonials from Instagram, even if they’re not Instagram users — this can help convince them to buy from your WooCommerce shop.
- If you show user-generated content like Instagram posts of real people using and interacting with you, it can act as social proof, which boosts your conversions for your eCommerce brand.
- With shoppable Instagram feeds, you can even directly link your Instagram posts to your sales pages.
- For bloggers: with beautiful Instagram images on your site, you can also turn your visitors into Instagram followers.
- A nice feed of Instagram content can make your site look beautiful as well. And all that without the hassle of uploading all the images to WordPress.
There’s a lot you can do just by adding Instagram posts to your website. All you need is the right tool, and you can start growing your business with the power of social networks right away.
How Do You Embed an Instagram Post?
There are 2 ways to embed Instagram posts on your website:
- With oEmbeds: Paste your Instagram URL, and WordPress will automatically embed it as an Instagram post. Sadly, this method can be really time-consuming. Plus, WordPress doesn’t support it anymore.
- With a WordPress plugin: A plugin like Instagram Feed Pro makes it super easy to embed your posts. You can enable oEmbeds and even embed tons of posts at the same time in an Instagram feed.
In the past, the default WordPress editor (known as Gutenberg) had the oEmbeds feature. You just had to paste the link to your Instagram post, and WordPress would automatically embed it.
Sadly, WordPress discontinued oEmbeds for Instagram and Facebook on October 24, 2020. As a result, you can’t embed Instagram posts in WordPress by just pasting the link.
If you still want to manually add Instagram posts to WordPress, you’ll have to register with Facebook as an app developer and deal with Instagram API. That can take a lot of your time, and it’s complicated as well.
The good news is, there’s another way to do it, and it’s much easier, even without coding or HTML or CSS knowledge.
With the help of the best Instagram feed plugin for WordPress, Instagram Feed Pro, you’ll have a much easier time adding Instagram posts to WordPress.
The plugin brings back oEmbeds functionality for Instagram and Facebook once again. So, all you need to do is paste the link to your Instagram posts when you use it.
If that wasn’t enough, Instagram Feed Pro also comes with lots of other features. Here are a few highlights for you:
- Different Instagram Feed Types: This social media aggregator lets you embed a variety of Instagram content. So, you can embed Instagram videos, Instagram hashtag feeds, shoppable feeds, and more on WordPress.
- Live Feed Editor: To help you customize your feeds with ease, Instagram Feed Pro comes with a live customizer where you can track your changes in real-time — no complicated coding needed.
- Super Easy & Quick Setup: You can get started and start embedding Instagram posts in just a few minutes by following the plugin’s simple guided flow.
- Lightning Fast: Worried about all the photos and videos slowing your site down? With Instagram Feed Pro, your Instagram posts will load super fast all the time. Plus, a faster site will be much better for SEO.
- Customer support: If you ever run into any issues while embedding your Instagram posts on your site, then you can count on the dedicated support team to help you out.
With all that and more, Instagram Feed Pro has become the #1 highest-rated Instagram Feed plugin for WordPress. And over 1,000,000 active users and a rating of 4.9/5 stars speaks for itself.
In fact, some of the biggest brands from all over the globe also use Instagram Feed Pro and other Smash Balloon plugins to display social media feeds on their websites.
It’s so much easier to embed your Instagram feed to WordPress with a plugin. Just give Instagram Feed Pro a shot today!
How to Embed Instagram Posts on WordPress
How do you embed an Instagram post?
To easily show Instagram posts on your WordPress website, all you have to do is follow this simple step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Install and Activate Instagram Feed Pro
First of all, you can get your copy of Instagram Feed Pro here. Once you have it, install it to your WordPress site and activate it.
If you’re not sure how to do it, we have a handy article on installing WordPress plugins.
After that, move on to step 2 and enable Instagram oEmbeds on your website.
Step 2: Enable oEmbeds for Instagram
With the plugin installed and activated, go to Instagram Feed » oEmbeds from your WordPress dashboard.
On that page, click on the Enable button in the Instagram section.
You can also enable oEmbeds for Facebook from here by clicking on the Enable button in the Facebook section.
Once you’ve done that, the plugin will redirect you to Facebook so you can give read-only access to your Facebook or Instagram accounts.
This access will allow the plugin to view your posts, but it can’t make any changes, making Smash Balloon perfectly safe.
A pop-up will now appear, asking you to pick your Facebook page from a list. To continue, select your post and click on Next.
Finally, click on Done to confirm your read-only access.
You’ve now officially connected your Instagram account to WordPress. As a result, you can show Instagram posts on your website with ease.
In the next step, you can embed Instagram posts on your website using the plugin.
Step 3: Embed Your Instagram Posts
Finally, it’s time to show you how to embed Instagram photos in WordPress. You can do that in 2 ways:
- How to embed an Instagram post on a WordPress page or post
- How to embed an Instagram feed on WordPress sidebar or footer
How to Embed an Instagram Post on WordPress Page or Post
Let’s go ahead and see how to embed an Instagram post on your WordPress site.
First, go to Pages » Add New from your dashboard to open up the WordPress editor.
You can also use a WordPress post if you like. To create a new post, go to Posts » Add New.
After you’ve done that, just paste the link to your Instagram post
As you can see, you can now embed Instagram videos and pics on WordPress blog posts and pages easily — just paste the link.
How to Embed an Instagram Post on WordPress Sidebar or Footer
In fact, you can even add your Instagram posts to your sidebar now. First, go to Appearance » Widgets from your dashboard.
Now, click on the Sidebar panel to start managing the widgets there.
You can also go for the Footer panel instead and show your Instagram posts there.
Here, add a new widget by clicking on the plus (+) icon and selecting the Paragraph widget option.
Finally, you can just paste the link like before, and WordPress will automatically embed it.
Then, click on the Update button to finish up.
Just like that, you can embed Instagram content on your WordPress site.
On top of that, you can even display tons of Instagram posts at once using an Instagram feed.
Let’s take a look at how you can do that.
How Do I Embed My Instagram Feed on My Website?
What is the easiest way to embed Instagram on WordPress?
The easiest way to add your Instagram content is to display Instagram feeds on your website. To embed your Instagram photo feed, first, go to Instagram Feed » All Feeds menu from your dashboard.
Now click on the Add New button to create a new feed.
The plugin will then ask you to pick the type of Instagram feed that you want on your website. The options here include:
- User Timeline: Embed post from your own profile, including Instagram reels
- Public Hashtag: Use hashtags to pick which posts to display
- Tagged Posts: Show all the Instagram posts that have tagged your Instagram profile
In fact, you can even choose more than 1 feed type here. Just select multiple options to combine different types into a single feed.
Bonus: You can also use Instagram Feed Pro to showcase Instagram stories right on your website in a pop-up lightbox. This way, you can encourage your site visitors to stay longer on your WordPress.
After picking your Instagram feed type, click on Next.
On this page, you can choose a source for your Instagram feed so that it can show posts on your site.
For that, just select your Instagram business account here and click on Next.
This will create your Instagram feed and open it in the plugin’s simple live feed editor.
There, you have all of your customization options on the left and a live preview of your Instagram feed on the right.
Using these options, you can set your Instagram feed layout, color scheme, header design, button design, and much more.
Now, click on the Feed Layout option on the left to get started.
You can now pick the overall layout for your Instagram feeds and choose from 4 options: grid, carousel, masonry, and highlight.
If you want your content to be presented in neat rows and columns, then the grid option can help you out here.
For something more dynamic, you can pick the carousel template instead. You can then add an Instagram carousel to WordPress and engage your visitors.
Similarly, Instagram Feed Pro also gives you a nice-looking masonry option that shows your posts while keeping their original proportions.
And finally, you can go for the highlight option if you want your photos and videos to be prominent. With this layout, your posts will have 4x the size of your usual posts.
Once you’ve picked your layout, scroll down and click on Save.
And these are just the basics. There are tons of more amazing options that can help you set the color scheme, header style, button design, post style, and much more.
Finally, you can use the Embed button at the top right corner to embed Instagram WordPress feeds on your website.
This will show a popup where you can choose the location of your Instagram feed.
Here, you can click on Add to a Page if you want to embed Instagram feeds on a WordPress page.
Now, the plugin will show you a list of your WordPress pages. Just select your page and click on Add.
After you do that, Instagram Feed Pro will open that page in the WordPress editor so you can embed your feed.
Simple click on the plus icon (+) to add a new content block here.
Then, type in “Instagram” in the search bar and select the Instagram Feed widget from the results.
Once you add the Instagram block to your WordPress page, click on Publish. After that, you can open your site to see how it looks.
You don’t have to mess with any embed codes or Instagram shortcodes with this WordPress plugin. Plus, you can even embed Instagram widgets on your site in a few simple steps.
How to Embed Instagram Videos on Your Website
Looking to add Instagram videos to WordPress? You can see this step-by-step guide on how to display Instagram videos to your WordPress website for the complete tutorial.
So that’s it, folks! Hopefully, this post showed you how to embed an Instagram post on WordPress.
Want to get started embedding Instagram posts on your website?
Get started with Instagram Feed Pro today!
Asking yourself why isn’t Instagram embed working? See this detailed tutorial on what to do to fix Instagram embed not working.
If you have accounts in other social media platforms, you can check out this next post on how to add social feeds to your WordPress. Or, this post on how to embed YouTube videos may be helpful to you.
Do you have an Elementor website? You can also see this post on how to embed Instagram feeds on Elementor.
Finally, you can give us a follow on Twitter and Facebook, and stay tuned for more social media marketing content.