Want to know an easy way to embed your Instagram feed for free?
Cross-promoting your Instagram photos to your website is a great way to increase your brand’s reach. It also helps extend the lifespan of your Instagram posts and increase your follower count.
Plus, if you use Instagram for business and add your Instagram feeds to WordPress, you can even boost your sales!
But since there are lots of options when it comes to embedding your Instagram feed for free, it can be confusing to start. Especially if you’re a WordPress newbie.
That’s why in this post, we’ll share with you the best way to help you display your Instagram content on your website — 100% free.
By following our newbie-friendly tutorial, you can easily add your Instagram posts to your WordPress in less than 5 minutes. That’s right, you can cross-promote your Instagram to your site — without spending a cent.
Ready? Let’s dive right in.
Can You Embed an Instagram Feed for Free?
Yes. With the help of the Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed plugin, you can embed your Instagram feed on your website — at absolutely NO cost to you.
As the free version of Instagram Feed Pro, the best Instagram feed plugin for WordPress, Social Photo Feed helps you create, customize and display gorgeous Instagram feeds on your website, even if you’re not tech-savvy.
The plugin does all the hard work for you. In fact, you just need to connect it to your Instagram account. Then, Social Photo Feed will help you easily add your Instagram feed to your website — no coding needed!
And if you want to customize your Instagram feed’s design? No problem. Social Photo Feed lets you customize your Instagram feed’s style, even if you don’t have any background in design.
Just by checking or unchecking choices, you can readily change the width, height, number of photos, number of columns, background color and image spacing of your Instagram feeds.
Features of a Free Instagram Feed Plugin
If you don’t have room in your budget yet for a premium plugin, you can use Social Photo Feed to get started in upgrading your Instagram marketing.
Because it’s perfect for WordPress newbies, you can easily set it up and display your Instagram feed with just a few clicks.
Even better, since it’s the free version of Instagram Feed Pro, Social Photo Feed is also ultra-fast. This means that your embedded Instagram feeds will load as fast as possible so your page speed won’t be negatively affected.
As a result, you can even enjoy improved SEO for your website and a better experience for your users. It’s a total win-win!
Using the free trial of Social Photo Feed also lets you enjoy the following features:
- Super easy to set up: Connect Social Photo Feed with your Instagram account and display your feeds in just a few minutes — quickly and hassle-free for WordPress newbies.
- Multiple Instagram accounts: Have more than 1 Instagram account? We’ve got you. Social Photo Feed helps you display photos from multiple Instagram accounts in the same feed or in separate feeds.
- Tons of customization: Customize your Instagram feed to match your brand’s design just by clicking — no need to deal with confusing code so you won’t accidentally break your site.
- GDPR-compliant: In just 1 click, the plugin integrates with many of the popular GDPR cookie consent plugins on the market.
- 100% compatible: Social Photo Feed is fully compatible with both WordPress and Instagram, so it’s a piece of cake to embed your Instagram feeds for free.
- Backup system: The plugin is guaranteed to show your Instagram posts on your website, even if Instagram is temporarily down. Meaning, your embedded Instagram feeds will always be displayed on your WordPress without any interruptions.
- Instagram oEmbeds: Want to automatically power your Instagram oEmbeds? Just install Social Photo Feed and it’ll take care of it for you.
- Automatically responsive: The plugin automatically makes your Instagram feeds look great on both mobile and desktop, so no need to hire a developer to do this for you.
Smash Balloon Instagram Feed: Free vs Pro
Wondering how much the lite version of Smash Balloon Instagram Feed Pro will cost you? You’ll be happy to know that Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed is 100% free.
And if you want to have ready access to more features, you can easily upgrade to Instagram Feed Pro so you can:
- Show off “Hashtag” feeds with single or multiple hashtags
- Sort Instagram posts by the number of likes
- Display “Tagged” feeds of Instagram posts that you are photo-tagged in
- Embed Instagram carousels on your WordPress
- Display post comments and the number of likes and comments for user feeds
- Show off Instagram stories right on your site
- Use “Masonry” or “Highlight” layouts for your Instagram feeds
- Show Instagram photos and play videos directly on the site in a popup lightbox
- Set up shoppable Instagram feeds to boost your sales
- Receive priority customer support from WordPress experts
- And a whole lot more!
Embed Instagram Feed for Free (5 Steps)
Want to start showcasing your Instagram content on your website for free? Simply follow the steps below to easily add Instagram feeds to your WordPress:
Step 1: Install the Social Photo Feed Plugin
First, navigate to your WordPress website’s dashboard. See the left-hand panel? Hover your mouse over the Plugins menu and click Add New.
This will take you to your website’s plugins page. In the upper right-hand corner, you’ll see a search box. Look for “Smash Balloon Instagram Feed”.
See the plugin called Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed? Click the Install Now button next to it. After all, it’s the lite version of Smash Balloon Instagram Feed plugin, right?
Step 2: Activate the Social Photo Feed Plugin
Done clicking on the Install button? Great! Give it a few seconds and wait for the button to change before clicking on the Activate button beside the plugin.
Now that your Social Photo Feed plugin is activated, it’s time to move on to the next step below.
Step 3: Connect Your Instagram Account
The next step is to connect your Instagram account to the Social Photo Feed plugin. This way, you can start embedding your Instagram feeds for free.
To do this, go to your WordPress admin area and navigate to Instagram Feed » Settings.
This will take you to the plugin’s settings area. See the big blue Connect an Instagram Account button? Click on it to connect your account to the plugin.
Next, you’ll be asked to choose between linking a personal Instagram account or a business account. Since you’re using the free version of Instagram Feed, you can choose the personal Instagram account so you can embed feeds from your own Instagram account only.
Want to show special Instagram feeds like hashtag feeds, photo tagged feeds, shoppable feeds and so much more? Use the business account.
The “business account” feature is available for Instagram Feed Pro users only, so feel free to upgrade to Instagram Feed Pro.
This way, you can unlock more useful features of the plugin so you can take your business to the top with Instagram marketing.
Then, confirm the Instagram account you’d like to connect to and click Connect This Account.
Your Instagram account is now connected to the plugin.
Step 4: Customize Your Instagram Feed
Did you know that the plugin already looks great right out of the box?
This means that Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed automatically copies your website’s design. As a result, your Instagram feeds will look consistent with your brand’s identity.
And if you want to have more control over the look and feel of your feeds, the plugin lets you easily customize your Instagram feed as well.
To do this, head on over to Instagram Feed » Customize. Here, you can change the width, height and background color of your Instagram feeds.
To change how your Instagram feeds will be displayed, you can also easily upgrade to Instagram Feed Pro so you can have access to different layouts such as carousel, masonry and highlight.
As you scroll down in the plugin’s free version, you can find more customization options like setting the number of photos, number of images and padding. Social Photo Feed also lets you choose how to sort photos and the image resolution you’d like to display.
Want to customize your Instagram feed’s header? Sure, you can! On the same page, just scroll down until you see the Header section.
Social Photo Feed also gives you more control over how your header will look like. Plus, you can choose to show or hide it, or even change its size. For example, here’s an example of an Instagram feed with a medium-sized header:
Once you’re pleased with how your Instagram feed looks like, it’s time to embed it on your website.
Step 5: Embed Instagram Feed on Your Website
You can add your Instagram feed:
- to your website’s page or post, or,
- to your website’s sidebar or footer areas
Let’s talk about both options below.
Embed Instagram Feed on Website’s Page
First, you’d need to create a new page. Start by visiting your WordPress dashboard and navigating to Pages » Add New.
Inside your new page editor, click the Plus (+) icon to add a new WordPress content block. Next, go to the search field and look for “instagram”. Then, click the Instagram Feed block to add it to your page.
Now, your Instagram feed will be automatically displayed on your page as a preview. If you’re happy with how it looks like, click on Publish to make it live on your website like this:
Embed Instagram Feed on Website’s Sidebar
You can also add your Instagram feed as a widget to your website’s sidebar.
First, go to your WordPress admin panel and navigate to to Appearance » Widgets. Next, drag the Instagram Feed widget over to your sidebar area.
Make sure you click Save and Done before heading to your website to see your Instagram feed live on your sidebar, like this:
And so, there you have it, folks!
Now, you’ve learned how to easily embed an Instagram feed on your WordPress website, for free.
Get more engagement, increase your followers and boost your sales now.
Click here to get started with Instagram Feed Pro today!
The premium version of Instagram Feed also comes with lots of value-packed features to help you:
- Add an Instagram Hashtag Feed to WordPress
- Set Up Instagram Shopping on Your WordPress Site
- Embed Instagram Carousel on WordPress Website (Easy)
Or if you want unlimited access to Smash Balloon plugins so you can use them on unlimited websites, go ahead and grab the All Access Bundle here.
The great part about Smash Balloon’s pricing method? It comes with a 100% no-risk money-back guarantee so you can try out the plugins first and see if it’s a good fit for you.