Want to know the best way to add your Instagram feed to your WordPress?
With over 1 billion monthly active users, displaying your Instagram feed on your website can help you boost user engagement and skyrocket your brand’s growth in no time.
But it can be overwhelming for you to embed your Instagram feed on your site, especially if you’re not tech-savvy.
That’s why in this post, you’ll learn about the easiest way for you to import your Instagram feed — automatically.
And if you’re a WordPress newbie? Don’t worry. This post is beginner-friendly, so you can add your Instagram feed to your site in just under 5 minutes!
Let’s jump right in.
Can You Import Instagram Without a Plugin?
The bad news? Instagram doesn’t offer an easy way for you to display your Instagram feed on your website. If you use it, you can only embed single posts.
Plus, embedding your single Instagram posts manually has lots of limitations, like:
- Hard to set up: Not tech-savvy? Importing your Instagram to WordPress manually means you have to deal with confusing code and switch between different pages.
- No control over your feed’s design: Want to change how your Instagram feed looks on your website? You can’t do this easily, especially if you’re not an expert in coding.
- Risky: If you’re not using a plugin to embed your Instagram feed, you can accidentally break your site just because of tiny mistakes in code.
- Limited feed types: Want to show an Instagram hashtag feed on WordPress? If you use manual embedding, you can’t do this automatically, too.
- No dedicated support: And the worst part? If you accidentally mess up your website, you have no one to help you fix it. Unless you hire an expensive developer to do it for you.
If this is the case, then what’s the best way for you to add an Instagram feed to your site?
Easiest Way to Import Your Instagram Feed
The good news? Don’t worry. You can still easily import your Instagram feed to WordPress using a plugin.
With the help of a user-friendly plugin like Smash Balloon’s Instagram Feed Pro, you can set up and display your Instagram feed in under 5 minutes!
That’s right. You don’t even need to hire an expensive developer or deal with confusing code yourself. Let Instagram Feed Pro do the hard work for you.
And you can easily customize how your Instagram feed looks with just a few clicks — no technical knowledge needed.
Also, because the plugin is designed with users in mind, Instagram Feed Pro is ultra-fast so it won’t slow down your site.
Don’t just take our word for it: with a 4.9/5 star rating, it’s happily recommended by over 1,000,000 users worldwide!
Using the plugin gives you access to enjoy its amazing features, like:
- Super easy to set up: You can install the plugin and set your Instagram feed in just a few minutes. Perfect for WordPress beginners like you.
- No technical knowledge needed: Using the plugin, your Instagram feed looks great on your site right out of the box. Plus, if you want to change how it looks, you can easily do it with just a few clicks!
- Lots of customization choices: To create an Instagram feed that looks how you want, you can just use our simple live feed editor.
- Lightning fast loading: Your Instagram feed loads super fast on your site because the plugin efficiently requests data.
- Always updated: WordPress or Instagram updated their platforms? Don’t worry. Because of the plugin’s timely updates, it’s guaranteed to continue working smoothly with these platforms. So you can easily display your Instagram feed on your site without any problems.
Want to know everything that Instagram Feed Pro can do for your business? Check out the plugin’s full list of features here.
Ready to add your Instagram feed to WordPress? Dive in by following the steps below.
Step 1: Install and Activate Instagram Feed Pro Plugin
First, you need to get your own copy of Instagram Feed Pro here.
Once you’ve downloaded the plugin, it’s time to install it on your computer.
Not sure how you can do this? Check out this step-by-step guide to Install a WordPress plugin for your guidance.
After you’re done installing and activating the plugin, it’s time to move to the next step below.
Step 2: Create Your Instagram Feed
To create your Instagram feed, you can just follow our simple guided flow.
First, go to Instagram Feed » All Feeds menu from your WordPress dashboard.
On this page, click on the Add New button at the top.
Once you do that, you can then choose from 3 Instagram feed types:
- User Timeline: Import your own account’s Instagram feed.
- Public Hashtag: Display your Instagram feed based on a public hashtag of your choice.
- Tagged Posts: Embed Instagram posts that have tagged your account.
What’s more, you can even combine multiple feed types and show them in a single Instagram feed. Just select more than 1 option here to do that.
Finally, click on the Next button to proceed.
Then, you can move on to the next step and connect your Instagram account as a source.
Step 3: Connect Your Instagram Account
To show Instagram content on your website, your feed needs a source.
That source can be your own Instagram account.
To add your account as the source, click on the Add Source button.
Next, you can pick between a personal and business Instagram profile.
With a personal profile, you can show your own Instagram posts only.
On the other hand, a business profile supports more types of Instagram content, such as hashtag feeds, shoppable feeds, IGTV videos, and much more.
Just select your account type and then click on the Login with Instagram button.
After that, the plugin will redirect you to Instagram so you can give the plugin read-only access to your Instagram account.
Since the access is read-only, Instagram Feed Pro can only view your info and won’t be able to make any changes.
As a result, using Smash Balloon’s Instagram Feed Pro is completely safe.
To continue, click on the Allow button on the popup.
This will bring you back to your WordPress site where you can confirm this Instagram account as the source for your new feed.
For that, just click on the Next button here.
With that, you’ve created your Instagram feed and even connected it to your account.
In the next step, you can customize the design of your new Instagram feed using our live feed editor.
Step 4: Customize Your Instagram Feed
As mentioned, the plugin already makes your Instagram feed look great — right out of the box! So if you’d like to display it on your website, you can skip to the final step below.
And if you want to customize how your Instagram feed looks, you can do this as well.
After you connect your Instagram account, the plugin will automatically open your feed in the live feed editor.
Now, you can find all the customization options on the left side of the screen. You can change your layout, header style, feed size, color scheme, and much more that way.
And on the right, you have a live preview of your Instagram feed. That way, you can see how your Instagram feed looks in real-time.
Want to change your Instagram feed’s layout? Just click on the Feed Layout option on the left.
Using Instagram Feed Pro, you can choose from 4 available layout types: grid, carousel, masonry, or highlight.
Select the grid layout if you want your audience to see an organized Instagram feed when they check out your site.
If you’d like to display a horizontal Instagram feed, using the carousel layout is the way to go. Plus, it gives your visitors another great way to interact with your site.
You can also import your Instagram photos in their original sizes.
Just choose the Masonry layout so your portrait photos won’t get cropped to fit a uniform size — perfect for creating Instagram galleries in WordPress.
Finally, if you have specific photos that you’d like to stand out from your Instagram feed, choose the highlight layout.
This layout type is ideal if you’d like to display shoppable Instagram posts on your website.
After choosing the layout you like, remember to click the Save button.
You can now click on the small Customize button to return to the main customization options and continue editing your feed.
From here, click on the Color Scheme option to go ahead and set your colors.
With Instagram Feed Pro, you get 4 color scheme options that you can choose from:
- Inherit from Theme: Use the same colors as your WordPress theme
- Light: Pick a light background for your Instagram feed along with a dark font color
- Dark: Choose a dark background along with light font for your feed
- Custom: Manually pick all the colors of your Instagram feed by yourself.
Once you’re happy with the color scheme, click on the Save button.
After that, you can use the remaining options to customize the design of your Instagram feed. You can set your feed size, header design, post style, button style, lightbox options, and more.
Using the live feed editor, you can easily check out all these options with a real-time preview.
Finally, click on Save after you’re done customizing your Instagram feed.
Now, you can move on to step 5 and embed your Instagram feed.
Step 5: Easily Add Your Instagram Feed to Your Website
Finally, you’ve reached the last step, so you can import your Instagram feed on WordPress! There are 2 ways to add your Instagram feed to WordPress:
- Instagram Feed Block: Instagram Feed Pro has a built-in block you can readily use to embed your feed in the block editor.
- Instagram Feed Widget: Want to display your Instagram feed on your sidebar area instead? Using the plugin’s ready-made widget, you can do this, too.
Not sure which method you’d like to use? No worries. We’ll talk about both ways below.
Use Instagram Feed Block to Add Feed to WordPress Page
The good news is that you can embed your Instagram feeds directly from the live feed editor.
Just click on the Embed button at the top of the page to get started.
After that, you’ll see a new popup that allows you to pick the location of your Instagram feed.
To proceed, just click on the Add to a Page option.
Now select your WordPress page from the list and click on the Add button.
Once you’ve clicked on this, you’ll see the page open in the WordPress editor.
Next, click on the Plus (+) icon to add a new content block.
Finally, type “instagram” in the search field and then select the Instagram Feed widget by clicking on it.
Happy with how your Instagram feed looks? Great! Don’t forget to click on Publish to make it live on your website.
Now let’s take a look at the next method of adding Instagram feed to WordPress.
Use Instagram Feed Widget to Add Feed to WordPress Sidebar
To embed your Instagram feed as a widget, the first step is to open the feed in the live feed editor once again.
Start by going to Instagram Feed » All Feeds from your WordPress dashboard.
Then, look for the Instagram feed that you created earlier and click on it.
On the live feed editor, click on the Embed button in the top right corner.
This will bring up a new popup so you can choose where to embed your Instagram feed.
Just click on the Add to a Widget option on the popup.
Click on that will open the widgets page of your WordPress site.
From here, you can add, remove, or manage the widgets for your sidebar and footer areas.
To continue, you can click on a Sidebar panel here.
You can also use a Footer panel if you prefer.
Now, click on the plus icon (+) to add a new widget, and then click on Instagram Feed widget.
Finally, click on the Update button to save your changes.
Now, when you visit your website and check out your sidebar area, you can see your Instagram feed displayed like this:
And there you have it!
Now, you’ve learned how to easily embed your Instagram feed to your WordPress website so you can boost user engagement.
If you want to get more Instagram followers, check out our guide on how you can start increasing your Instagram followers today.
So, what are you waiting for?