Want to know the best way to add your Instagram feed to your WordPress?
With over 1 billion monthly active users, displaying your Instagram feed on your website can help you boost user engagement and skyrocket your brand’s growth in no time.
But it can be overwhelming for you to embed your Instagram feed on your site. Especially if you’re not tech-savvy.
That’s why in this post, you’ll learn about the easiest way for you to import your Instagram feed — automatically. And if you’re a WordPress newbie? Don’t worry. This post is beginner-friendly so you can add your Instagram feed to your site in just under 5 minutes!
Let’s jump right in.
Can You Import Instagram Without a Plugin?
The bad news? Instagram doesn’t offer an easy way for you to display your Instagram feed on your website. If you use it, you can only embed single posts.
Plus, embedding your single Instagram posts manually has lots of limitations, like:
- Hard to set up: Not tech-savvy? Importing your Instagram to WordPress manually means you have to deal with confusing code and switch between different pages.
- No control over your feed’s design: Want to change how your Instagram feed looks like on your website? You can’t do this easily, especially if you’re not an expert in coding.
- Risky: If you’re not using a plugin to embed your Instagram feed, you can accidentally break your site just because of tiny mistakes in code.
- Limited feed types: Want to show an Instagram hashtag feed on WordPress? If you use manual embedding, you can’t do this automatically, too.
- No dedicated support: And the worst part? If you accidentally mess up your website, you have no one to help you fix it. Unless you hire an expensive developer to do it for you.
If this is the case, then, what’s the best way for you to add an Instagram feed on your site?
Easiest Way to Import Your Instagram Feed
The good news? Don’t worry. You can still easily import your Instagram feed to WordPress using a plugin.
With the help of a user-friendly plugin like Smash Balloon’s Instagram Feed Pro, you can set up and display your Instagram feed in under 5 minutes!
That’s right. You don’t even need to hire an expensive developer or deal with confusing code yourself. Let Instagram Feed Pro do the hard work for you. And you can easily customize how your Instagram feed looks with just a few clicks — no technical knowledge needed.
Also, because the plugin is designed with users in mind, Instagram Feed Pro is ultra-fast so it won’t slow down your site. Don’t just take our word for it: with a 4.9/5 star rating, it’s happily recommended by over 1,000,000 users worldwide!
Using the plugin gives you access to enjoy its amazing features, like:
- Super easy to set up: You can install the plugin and set your Instagram feed in just a few minutes. Perfect for WordPress beginners like you.
- No technical knowledge needed: Using the plugin, your Instagram feed looks great on your site, right out of the box. Plus, if you want to change how it looks, you can easily do it with just a few clicks!
- Lots of customization choices: Want to change your Instagram feed’s layout? Background color? Or icons? Using the plugin’s different customization choices, you can. The best part? You can just check or uncheck options — no need to deal with confusing code.
- Lightning fast loading: Your Instagram feed loads super fast on your site because the plugin efficiently requests data.
- Always updated: WordPress or Instagram updated their platforms? Don’t worry. Because of the plugin’s timely updates, it’s guaranteed to continue working smoothly with these platforms. So you can easily display your Instagram feed on your site without any problems.
Want to know everything that Instagram Feed Pro can do for your business? Check out the plugin’s full list of features here.
Ready to add your Instagram feed to WordPress? Dive in by following the steps below.
Step 1: Install and Activate Instagram Feed Pro Plugin
First, you need to get your own copy of Instagram Feed Pro here.
Once you’ve downloaded the plugin, it’s time to install it to your computer. Not sure how you can do this? Check out this step by step guide to Install a WordPress plugin for your guidance. After you’re done installing and activating the plugin, it’s time to move to the next step below.
Step 2: Connect Your Instagram Account
The next step is to connect your Instagram account to the plugin. From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to Instagram Feed » Settings. From there, click the Connect an Instagram Account button.
Then, the plugin will ask you to choose between connecting your personal or business account.
Want to import your own Instagram feed to WordPress only? Choose personal account. Or, if you’d like to show different Instagram feeds based on hashtags, comments and photo tags, choose business account.
If you’d like to convert your personal account to a business account, check out this helpful guide on how you can easily do this.
Remember to click on Connect to finalize your choice. Then, move on to the next step below.
Step 3: Select Your Instagram Feed Type
Your Instagram account’s already connected to the plugin. Congrats, you’re halfway there! The next step is selecting the Instagram feed type you want to import to WordPress.
Simply scroll down from the settings page until you see the Feed Type section. You can choose from 4 feed types:
- User Account: Import your own account’s Instagram feed.
- Public Hashtag: Import your Instagram feed based on a public hashtag of your choice.
- Tagged: Import Instagram feed based on tagged photos of your account.
- Mixed: Import all the above post types and show them in a single Instagram feed.
It’s easy to finalize your choice. Just click the radio button next to the feed type you want to display. For example, in this tutorial, we’ll import an Instagram feed to WordPress with the user account feed type.
Then, to preserve your choice, click the Save Changes button and move on to the next step below.
Step 4: Choose Your Instagram Feed Layout
As mentioned, the plugin already makes your Instagram feed look great — right out of the box! So if you’d like to display it on your website, you can skip to the final step below.
And if you want to customize how your Instagram feed looks like, you can do this as well.
Start by scrolling up to the top of the Settings page. Then, click on the Customize tab. Under the General section, you can easily change your Instagram feed’s width, height and background color.
Want to change your Instagram feed’s layout? Just scroll down until you see the Layout section. Using Instagram Feed Pro, you can choose from 4 available layout types: grid, carousel, masonry, or highlight.
If you choose to display the grid layout, your Instagram feed will show posts in square-sized images. Select this if you want your audience to see an organized Instagram feed when they check out your site.
If you’d like to display a horizontal Instagram feed, using the carousel layout is the way to go.
You can also import your Instagram photos in their original sizes. Just choose the Masonry layout so your portrait photos won’t get cropped to fit a uniform size — perfect for creating Instagram galleries in WordPress.
Finally, if you have specific photos that you’d like to stand out from your Instagram feed, choose the highlight layout. This layout type is ideal if you’d like to display shoppable Instagram posts on your website.
After choosing the layout you like, remember to click the Save Changes button.
Step 5: Easily Add Your Instagram Feed to Your Website
Finally, you’ve reached the last step so you can import your Instagram feed on WordPress! There are 2 ways to add your Instagram feed to WordPress:
- Instagram Feed Block: Instagram Feed Pro has a built-in block you can readily use to embed your feed in the block editor.
- Instagram Feed WordPress Widget: Want to display your Instagram feed on your sidebar area instead? Using the plugin’s ready-made widget, you can do this, too.
Not sure which method you’d like to use? No worries. We’ll talk about both ways below.
Use Instagram Feed Block to Add Feed to WordPress Page
To start, go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Pages » Add New to make a new page.
Once you’ve clicked on this, you’ll see a blank page where you can freely edit your page title and content. Next, click on the Plus (+) icon and type “instagram” in the search field. Select the Instagram Feed widget by clicking on it.
Once you’ve clicked on the Instagram Feed block, it’ll automatically show your Instagram feed in the block editor, just like this:
Happy with how your Instagram feed looks like? Great! Don’t forget to click on Publish to make it live on your website.
Use Instagram Feed Widget to Add Feed to WordPress Sidebar
Start by going to Appearance » Widgets from your WordPress dashboard. Then, look for the Instagram Feed widget and drag it to your chosen sidebar area. In this tutorial, we’ll display the Instagram feed on the primary sidebar.
Instagram Feed Pro will automatically put the shortcode for you — so no need to deal with any lines of code! Just edit your title and click on Save to preserve your settings.
Now, when you visit your website and check out your sidebar area, you can see your Instagram feed displayed like this:
And there you have it! Now, you’ve learned how to easily embed your Instagram feed to your WordPress website so you can boost user engagement.
So, what are you waiting for?
Then, if you want to get more Instagram followers for your brand, check out this next post on how you can start increasing your Instagram followers today.