Ever wanted to easily embed your Facebook timeline on your website?
You’re in the right place.
You can get ahead of the game by cross-promoting your Facebook page on your website. After all, the average Facebook engagement rate stayed flat at 0.09%.
It makes sense to expose your brand’s page to targeted traffic — your website visitors — to increase engagement for your Facebook page.
But Facebook doesn’t offer an easy way for you to embed a responsive Facebook timeline on your WordPress.
In this post, you’ll see the easiest way to display your Facebook timeline on your website, even if you’re not tech-savvy. After reading this tutorial, you can set up and embed your Facebook feed in just a few minutes!
Ready? Let’s get started.
Easiest Way to Embed Your Facebook Timeline
In adding your Facebook timeline to WordPress, you can do this manually or automatically.
Manually embedding your timeline using Facebook’s Page plugin comes with a lot of restrictions, like:
- Limited to Facebook page’s timeline: Want to display your Facebook group’s feed instead? You can’t. You need to use another plugin to make this happen.
- Limited customization choices: If you’d like to customize your Facebook timeline to be consistent with your brand’s visual identity, you can’t. This can be hard, especially if you just want to change how your timeline looks.
- Limited to tech-savvy users: You need to tweak code snippets to embed your Facebook timeline on your website. Plus, you have to switch between different web pages so it can get confusing.
- Risky: Since you need to deal with a lot of code to customize your Facebook timeline, it’s easier for you to make a mistake. And accidentally break your website in the process. And you don’t want that, do you?
The most frustrating part?
When you accidentally break your website because you manually embed your timeline on it, you can’t contact a dedicated support team to fix your problem for you.
Either you hire an expensive developer or spend lots of time and resources fixing your site.
So, why don’t you embed your Facebook timeline automatically instead?
Install a user-friendly plugin like Smash Balloon’s Facebook Feed Pro. Using this plugin, you can display your timeline on WordPress easily and hassle-free, even if you’re not a techie.
As the best Facebook timeline plugin for WordPress, Custom Facebook Feed Pro helps you add a customizable timeline to your website.
In just a few minutes, you can smoothly set up your Facebook timeline and display it on WordPress with just a few clicks. No coding needed.
The most popular Facebook feed plugin for WordPress, Custom Facebook Feed Pro, has lots of features you can easily use. Check out some of them below:
- Easy to set up: Customize and display your Facebook timeline in under 5 minutes!
- User-friendly: Just by clicking on the visual feed customizer, you can change how your Facebook timeline looks like. Say goodbye to confusing code or expensive developers.
- Easy and powerful customization choices: Want to modify your timeline’s background color? You can. How about changing its icons? You also can. What if you want to adjust your timeline’s width or height? You can easily do this, too.
- Lots of feed types to display: Sure, it can show your Facebook page’s timeline. And it can display your Facebook group’s feed as well. That’s not all. The plugin also allows you to embed your albums, videos, and even your Facebook event’s feed on your website.
- Ultra-fast loading time: Since it’s created with its users in mind, the plugin is designed to be ultra-fast. It won’t slow down your site.
- Safe to use: No need to mess around with code. Meaning, there’s no risk of you accidentally breaking your WordPress site!
Want to know the best part?
With over 200,000 users and a solid 4.8/5 star rating, the plugin comes with a dedicated customer support team made of WordPress experts.
Need someone to assist you while embedding your Facebook timeline? They’re just a message away.
Ready to skyrocket your Facebook page’s engagement by cross-promotion? Follow the steps below to easily display your Facebook timeline on your website:
Step 1: Download and Install Facebook Feed Pro
The first step is to go and grab a copy of Facebook Feed Pro from here.
Once you’ve got the plugin, you can simply install and activate it on your site.
If you’re not sure how that’s done, just check out our simple guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.
Step 2: Create Your Facebook Timeline Feed
First, go to the Facebook Feed » All Feeds menu from your WordPress dashboard.
Now on this page, click on the Add New button.
To proceed, just select the timeline feed option and then click on the Next button.
Now you can move on to the next step and connect your new feed to Facebook.
Step 3: Connect to Your Facebook Page or Group
After you’ve created your new Facebook timeline feed, you can connect it to a source.
A source is basically a page or a group whose timeline you want to embed on your website.
To add a new source, click on the Add New button.
In the new popup, you can choose between adding a Facebook page or a group for your timeline feed.
Just pick the option you prefer and then click on Connect to proceed.
Now, the plugin will send you to Facebook, where you can select the pages or groups that you want to show.
After you select the ones you want to embed, click on Next.
Then, the plugin will ask for read-only access to your Facebook page or group. Since it’s just read-only access, the plugin can’t actually change anything so the plugin is completely safe.
To give read-only access to your Facebook timeline feed, just click on Done.
You’ll now be back on your WordPress site.
On a new popup, just select the page or group that you want to add as a source and then click on Add.
Finally, click on the Next button, and you’ve successfully created a new Facebook timeline feed.
Now that you’ve created your feed, you can move on to step 4 and start customizing it.
Step 4: Customize Your Facebook Timeline Feed
After creating a new Facebook timeline feed, you will now see it open in the live feed editor.
Here, you can find all the customization options towards the left. You can customize your feed type, feed layout, color scheme, header style, post layout, and much more.
And on the right, you can see a live preview of your feed. So when you make any changes, you can see how it will look right there.
To start customizing your Facebook timeline feed, click on Feed Layout.
For your Facebook timeline feed, you have 3 different layout options to pick from: List, Masonry, and Carousel.
If you go for the list layout, you can show all the Facebook posts in your timeline one after the other. As a bonus, it also makes the posts large and visible.
Next, you have the masonry layout to show the posts in your Facebook timeline in different columns.
And then there’s the carousel layout. You can use it to show a beautiful Facebook carousel slider with all of your timeline posts.
After you pick the layout you prefer, save changes using the Save button at the top.
With that, you can continue customizing your Facebook timeline feed. To go back to the previous options, just click on the Customize button.
From here, you can customize your feed some more. To do that, click on the Color Scheme option.
With the Custom Facebook Feed Pro plugin, you’ve got 4 different color schemes for your Facebook timeline feed.
- Inherit From Theme: You can copy the colors of your website so that the timeline feed matches your branding.
- Light: With the light layout, your Facebook timeline feed will have a bright background with dark-colored text.
- Dark: You can also go for a darker background with a lighter text color instead.
- Custom: Finally, you can just pick all the colors yourself.
After you pick the color scheme you like, click on Save.
And like that, you can customize the different parts of your Facebook timeline feed using the live feed editor.
You can set the header style, post elements, post layout, feed margins, background, and much more here.
After you’re done editing your Facebook feed, click on the Save button again.
And then it’s time to go ahead and embed your Facebook timeline feed.
Step 5: Embed Your Facebook Timeline on Your Website
After creating and customizing your Facebook timeline feed, you can finally embed it on your website.
For that, you’ve got 2 different ways depending on where you want to show the timeline:
- Embed your Facebook timeline on your page
- Embed your Facebook timeline on your sidebar
Embed Your Facebook Timeline on Your Page
With the live feed editor, you can easily embed your Facebook timeline feed on a WordPress page.
For that, start by clicking on the Embed button at the top right.
This will open a popup where you can choose where to embed your Facebook timeline feed.
To continue, select the Add to a Page option here.
Next, the popup will show you a list of all of your pages. Now pick the one where you want your new Facebook timeline feed.
Then, click on Add.
Doing that will open the page, allowing you to embed your timeline feed.
Just click on the small plus icon (+) towards the top and look for the Custom Facebook Feed widget.
Once you select the widget, go ahead and click on the Publish button.
With that, you’ve now officially added your Facebook timeline feed on your WordPress site. If you check your site, you can see how it looks right there.
Embed Your Facebook Timeline Feed on Your Sidebar
The other way to embed your Facebook timeline feed is to add it on your sidebar as a Facebook widget.
To do that, you need to have your timeline feed open in the live feed editor.
If you don’t have the live feed editor open, go to the Facebook Feed » All Feeds menu from your dashboard.
There, you can see all the Facebook feeds that you’ve created with this plugin. To continue, just click on your Facebook timeline feed.
Doing that will open up the live feed editor. Now click on the Embed button on the top right to continue.
On this new popup, you can pick the location for your Facebook timeline feed. Select Add to a Widget to proceed.
This will open the Widgets page where you can control all the widgets on your website.
Select the Sidebar option here, and you can see all the widgets that you’ve currently got there.
From here, click on the plus icon (+) and then pick the Custom Facebook Feed widget to finally add your Facebook timeline feed.
And you’ve now added your Facebook timeline to your sidebar. Now you can go and check your website and see how it looks there.
And we’re done! Finally, you’ve learned how you can easily embed your Facebook timeline on your website. The best part? You didn’t have to deal with lots of confusing code to make it happen.
Plus, you’re able to set up the plugin and display your Facebook timeline in just under 5 minutes!
So, what are you waiting for?
Click here to get started with Facebook Feed Pro by Smash Balloon today!
Want to learn how you can embed more social feeds to your WordPress? Here’s how to add social media feed widgets to your site.
Or you can check out this next step-by-step tutorial on how you can add your Instagram feed on your website.