Want to know the best popup plugins in WordPress to boost your email subscribers and sales?
A huge chunk of your marketing budget is going down the drain if you don’t have high-converting popups on your site. After all, over 70% of your website visitors abandoning your website will never come back.
That’s why popups are a great way to capture your audience’s interest, get more email subscribers and secure more paying customers for your business.
With so many choices on the market, it can be confusing to choose the best popup plugins for your website.
In this post, we’ve hand-picked the very best WordPress popup plugins that you can start using today.
You can use the table of contents below to skip to the section you’d like:
- Should You Use a WordPress Popup Plugin?
- What to Look For In a Best Popup Plugin?
- Top Popup Plugins in WordPress
- Which is the Best Popup Plugin in WordPress?
Should You Use a WordPress Popup Plugin?
Wondering if you should start using a popup plugin for your WordPress website?
The truth is, most email marketing services already let you create a simple popup form.
But if you just use a plain popup form on your website, you run the risk of being too intrusive with your popup forms.
Since you can’t fully customize your form’s design and timing, your popup forms won’t be relevant to your user’s needs — so you can’t capture your audience’s attention.
That’s why it’s important to use a great popup plugin to help you.
With the help of a popup plugin, you can create personalized and visually engaging popup forms that are relevant and timely to your visitors.
As a result, you can increase your email subscribers, get more leads and boost your sales for your business.
But since there’s lots of popup plugins available, how do you choose the best popup plugin to use?
What to Look For In a Best Popup Plugin?
Not all WordPress popup plugins are made equal.
Poorly made popup plugins can ruin the user experience on your website. They can also damage your brand’s reputation and fail to get more leads for your business.
To prevent this, you need to be selective in choosing the popup plugin that you’ll use on your WordPress site. To be considered the best popup plugin, your tool should be:
- User-friendly: Your popup plugin needs to be easy to use, so you can set up engaging popups even if you’re a WordPress newbie.
- Customizable: It should have a drag and drop builder so you can easily control your popup’s design. Plus points if your popup plugin offers tons of popup templates you can readily use.
- Relevant: Want more qualified leads? Having a popup plugin that lets you show targeted popups to your website visitors helps you get more email subscribers.
- Compatible: Since you’re using popup forms to grow your email list, your popup plugin should seamlessly integrate with your email marketing service.
- Lightning fast: You need a WordPress popup builder that will load your popup forms without slowing down your page speed.
For your business to explode in growth, you need the best tools to help you. With these in mind, let’s talk about the best popup plugins for WordPress in the next section below.
Top Popup Plugins in WordPress
Now that you know what to look for in a great popup plugin, it’s time to check out our top picks for the best popup plugins in WordPress.
Below, you can find the pros and cons of each product so it’s easier for you to decide.
Let’s start with the world’s best conversion optimization toolkit.
Used by millions of websites worldwide, OptinMonster is the best and most powerful popup plugin for WordPress.
It helps you build lead generation campaigns on your website to capture emails from your visitors, such as popups, floating bars, sidebar optins, and more — without being pushy.
OptinMonster comes with tons of features that make it easy for you to create campaigns that get you more leads and sales:
- Multiple campaign types: In addition to popups, OptinMonster also lets you create other lead generation campaigns like fullscreen welcome mats, slide-in scroll boxes, mobile-specific forms, floating bars, footer bars, and more.
- Drag and drop visual builder: It’s intuitive and easy to use. So you can create and customize lead generation campaigns in minutes.
- Popup templates: Want to convert your visitors right away? Choose from 100+ ready-made beautiful popup templates so you don’t have to spend hours designing campaigns.
- Exit-Intent®: Detect when a visitor is about to leave your website and display a targeted campaign to convert abandoning visitors into subscribers and customers.
- Multi-website use: As a SaaS (software as a service) platform, you can integrate OptinMonster with WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify, or any website platform. Plus, you can also use 1 account on multiple websites.
- Email integration: OptinMonster seamlessly integrates with all of the leading email marketing services.
- Advanced targeting: Want to show personalized campaigns? OptinMonster lets you target users by website activity, devices used, geo-location, page level, and more.
- Analytics and tracking: You can track the success of your popups by creating goals in Google Analytics.
- Super fast performance: Worried about OptinMonster slowing down your site? You don’t need to be. As a SaaS platform, it doesn’t use your WordPress hosting resources so your page still loads as fast as possible.
- Unlock addition features with the premium version: OptinMonster has a free plan that’s available through the OptinMonster plugin. Serious about growing your business? It’s worth the cost to invest in the premium version of the best lead generation software to help you get more leads and sales.
The pricing for OptinMonster starts from $49 per month. Grow your business with OptinMonster today!
Why is TrustPulse, a social proof popup app, included in the list of the best popup plugins?
That’s because TrustPulse is a WordPress popup plugin that uses the power of social proof to increase your site conversions.
By showing social proof notifications in the form of a popup, TrustPulse helps you boost user trust, build brand authority and encourage more signups and even purchases from your website visitors.
To skyrocket your customer conversions, TrustPulse comes with lots of benefits such as:
- Super easy to use: No coding needed, so you can set up social notifications and make them live in under 5 minutes.
- Real-time tracking: You can use TrustPulse to track and highlight user activity on your site, such as purchases, downloads, and email signups.
- FOMO marketing: By triggering FOMO (fear of missing out) effect, this popup plugin creates a sense of urgency to encourage more signups and sales.
- Multiple integrations: TrustPulse smoothly works on all popular platforms such as WordPress, Shopify, Blogger, Squarespace, and more.
- Customizable popups: Your social proof popups look great right out of the box. Or, if you want to customize them using your own brand’s visuals, you can do this easily as well.
- Limited number of sessions: The free version of TrustPulse has a limit of 500 sessions per month. If you want to increase the number of sessions, you can easily do this with TrustPulse’s affordable pricing.
The pricing for TrustPulse starts from $39 per month. Get more sales with TrustPulse today!
A popular drag and drop page builder plugin, Elementor Pro offers a popup builder as well.
If you’re already using Elementor Pro on your website, then it’s a great choice to get started with building popup forms that you can display on your website.
- Popup types: Elementor Pro helps you build different popup forms such as login forms, welcome mat, announcement forms, and more.
- Popup templates: You can choose a pre-designed template to help you create your popup forms.
- Trigger rules: You can trigger your popups to display based on various rules and conditions.
- No split testing available: You can’t do A/B testing with this plugin.
- No start or end dates: You can’t set a time parameter so you need to start and end your popups manually.
- No analytics offered: It’s hard to track how your popup campaigns are doing.
Elementor Pro Pricing:
The pricing for Elementor Pro ranges from $49 to $999 per year.
Designed specifically for email opt-ins, Bloom is an easy-to-use popup builder for bloggers.
Using Bloom, you can easily create popup forms right from your WordPress dashboard.
And since Bloom is made by Elegant Themes, you can already use their popup builder if you’ve already bought a theme membership plan from them.
- Ready-made popup templates: Choose from Bloom’s 100+ built-in templates so you can easily create email popup forms on your site.
- Display campaigns: You can show your optin forms in different layouts, such as automatic popups, automatic fly-ins, widget area forms, and more.
- Trigger actions: Your popups can be triggered based on time delay, scrolling activity, after commenting, and more.
- Email integration: Like OptinMonster, Bloom also integrates with email marketing platforms like Campaign Monitor, AWeber, MailChimp, and more.
- Lacks features: Unlike OptinMonster, Bloom doesn’t have high-converting triggers such as exit-intent, floating bars, geo-location targeting, and more.
- Affects your page load time: Since it loads all the code on your WordPress site, it can slow down your page loading time and negatively impact user performance.
The pricing for Bloom is at $89 a year or $249 for lifetime access and includes access to the website builder Divi.
Next on the list of the best popup plugins is Sumo, another popular popup plugin for your website.
Just like OptinMonster, Sumo is a standalone software you can use to create popup forms and email opt-in forms to help you capture emails and get more leads.
- Built-in templates: You can choose from Sumo’s ready-made templates for your email opt-in forms.
- Display rules: Sumo lets you display popups based on clicks, timers, exit-intent and scrolling activity.
- Free version: This popup builder has a free version you can use if you’re on a budget. But Sumo’s free version adds a blue menu across your website and also adds Sumo branding to your popups, so this may look unprofessional to your visitors.
- Dashboard has a learning curve: Sumo’s popup builder is not the easiest to navigate when you’re creating your campaigns. Especially when it comes to integrations and targeting.
- Expensive: With Sumo’s pricing model, you need to pay more if you get a lot of traffic.
- Limited features: Sumo lacks specialized features such as content locking form options and 2-step Yes/No optins. The free version doesn’t have A/B testing or advanced visitor targeting options, too.
The pricing for Sumo ranges from free to $39 per month (billed annually).
Which is the Best WordPress Popup Plugin?
After reviewing the pros and cons of each popup builder, we can confidently place our vote on OptinMonster as the best popup plugin for WordPress.
Its drag-and-drop builder and ready-made templates make it super easy to use.
Plus, OptinMonster has all the advanced targeting options you need to create personalized campaigns that will get you more subscribers and customers.
And so, there you have it!
We hope this post helped you find the best popup plugins for your website. You can also check out this detailed review of OptinMonster to see what makes it the best lead generation tool.
Ready to grow your business? Get started with OptinMonster now!