Want to find the best WordPress search plugin to add to your website?
If you want people to have a good opinion of your website, then it needs to be easy to navigate. And a great way to do that is by having an effective search feature.
Sadly, the default WordPress search is very limited when it comes to features and not very accurate either.
That’s where a WordPress search plugin can help you. With it, you can make sure visitors have an easy experience browsing your site.
But before we get into the best WordPress search plugins, let’s take a step back and see why you should give them a try.
Why Use a WordPress Search Plugin?
Having a good search feature is extremely important if you want your visitors to have a good experience.
While there’s a search feature that comes inbuilt with WordPress, it doesn’t do a great job of providing accurate results. And you can’t change how it works, either.
If you want to improve your website search, there’s one easy solution: a WordPress search plugin. With it, you can have faster, more accurate, and more useful search results on your site.
In fact, here’s what you get by adding a WordPress search plugin on your website:
- When your visitors can easily find what they’re looking for, they’ll end up with a much better impression of your brand.
- For an online store, a WordPress search plugin will also help customers find the products they want. So, you’ll get more sales and satisfied customers.
- Without a good search system, people can get frustrated and leave your website. So, you can end up losing potential customers and website traffic.
- A well-designed WordPress search plugin can also make your website look much more professional.
- You can also choose what your visitors can search for with a WordPress search plugin. This way, it’s easier to promote certain posts or products and hide others.
Now we can go ahead and take a look at our list.
9+ Best WordPress Search Plugins for Your Website
With that, let’s get started and check out the best plugins to add an advanced search feature to your website.
If you want a WordPress search plugin that’s powerful as well as user-friendly, then SearchWP is the option for you.
A huge plus for this plugin is that your visitors can use it to search for everything. Instead of just post titles and tags, SearchWP can look for shortcodes, custom fields, custom post types, and much more.
With that, you can be sure that nothing will remain hidden if your visitors want to find it. As a bonus, it also works with WooCommerce. So you can use it for your online store as well.
Despite being powerful, SearchWP is also super easy to use and works with WordPress right out of the box. You don’t have to touch a single line of code to set it up.
As you can see, there’s a lot to love about SearchWP, which makes it the best WordPress search plugin out there.
- Easy Integration with WordPress: Since SearchWP will automatically integrate with the default WordPress search, it’ll be super easy to set this plugin up.
- Search Everything: Your visitors will be able to search everything, including product details, custom fields, shortcode output, cross-site multisite search, and much more.
- WooCommerce Integration: SearchWP also works with WooCommerce to help your customers find the product they’re looking for.
- Search Insights: This WordPress search plugin also shows you what your visitors look for on your site. So, you’ll know what your audience wants from you.
- Multiple Search Engines: SearchWP is highly flexible, so you can create lots of different search engines and even customize how they work.
- PDF and Office Document Indexing: If you’ve got PDF or office documents uploaded to your website, SearchWP can also index that. So, people can search through them as well.
- Keyword Stemming: When someone enters a keyword, SearchWP also looks for all the different variations of that word. This means your results will be much more accurate.
You can grab your copy of SearchWP starting at a low price of $8.25/month or $99/year.
Give SearchWP a try and you’ll have a powerful search feature for your website that’ll keep your visitors engaged.
If you want a lightweight plugin that still packs some nice features, give Ivory Search a try.
You can use it to create search forms that can even look for WooCommerce items and attachments.
While it’s not as powerful as SearchWP, it still provides some useful features that’ll help your site.
- Supports WooCommerce: Just like SearchWP, Ivory Search will also index your WooCommerce products. So, customers can easily look for the things they want to buy.
- Search Files and Attachments: While it’s not as in-depth as SearchWP, your visitors can also search through all the files and attachments in your media library with Ivory Search.
- Useful Analytics: This plugin also allows you to learn what your visitors are searching for, like with SearchWP.
- Unlimited Search Forms: You can create an unlimited number of search forms with this plugin and then configure each form separately.
You can get a free version of the plugin but you’ll have to deal with limited features.
If you want to get all the features, you can grab the Pro plan at $1.67/month or $19.99/year.
Want a good WordPress search plugin for your online store? You can try Advanced Woo Search in that case.
As the name suggests, this plugin will help WooCommerce stores get a better search system. With it, your visitors can find the products they want with minimum hassle.
But if you don’t have an online store, you won’t have use for many of its features.
- Products Search: Just like the previous options on this list, your visitors can search through all of your WooCommerce products with this plugin.
- In-depth Search: Advanced Woo Search also allows users to search the product title, content, excerpt, categories, tags, and more. While not as powerful as SearchWP, it can still help you out.
- Simple Interface: The interface and the settings page are also user-friendly so you’ll have an easy time using Advanced Woo Search.
- Lightweight and Fast: All of your search results will load super fast with this plugin. Like SearchWP, it has been optimized for speed.
While you can get a free version of Advanced Woo Search, you won’t get access to all the features.
For that, you’ll need the premium version for a one-time payment of $59.
If you’ve got an online store, WOOF is another excellent WordPress search plugin that you can try.
Using this plugin, your visitors can search your products by tags, prices, categories, and more. This way, they can find the exact item they’re looking for, and you can get more sales.
On the other hand, the plugin isn’t as useful if you don’t run an online store.
- Advanced Search: Like with SearchWP, users can search products by categories, attributes, products tags, price, and more.
- WooCommerce Support: Like the previous options, WOOF also comes with support for the WooCommerce plugin.
- Analytics: While SearchWP has much more in-depth analytics, you can still analyze search data using WOOF to understand your customers better.
- Infinite Scrolling: WOOF can keep displaying new search results as users scroll down, just like SearchWP. This means they’re more likely to find something to buy.
You can use the free version of WOOF and enjoy its small but useful collection of features.
But if want advanced features like statistics and quick search, then you’ll need to grab the paid version.
You can get the premium plugin with 6 months of support for a one-time payment of $39.
FiboSearch is another way to add an effective search feature to your WordPress site.
Like the previous options, FiboSearch is also a fantastic WooCommerce search plugin to make your online store easier to search.
On the other hand, setting up this plugin can be annoying if you’re a WordPress beginner since the interface is more complex.
And unlike SearchWP, you’ll have to manually enable this plugin as well.
- Mobile First Mode: You can show a special interface that makes searching more convenient on mobile devices.
- Details Panels: Your search results will also show a details panel with an add to cart button and more visible information on hover.
- Customizable Search: This lightweight plugin might not be as customizable as SearchWP, but you can still set the number of suggestions, minimum characters for the search term, and more.
- Smart Ordering: With its algorithm, your visitors will see more accurate search results at the top.
For the premium version of FiboSearch, the pricing plan starts at $4.08/month or $49/year with support for 1 site.
With a small but useful collection of features, Relevanssi is another amazing option if you want to add a site search functionality.
A selling point of this plugin is the ability to show search results that are partial matches. So, you can show relevant content even if they’re not an exact match, just like with SearchWP.
The downside is that Relevanssi needs a large database to work, which your website might not have.
- Fuzzy Matching: Like with SearchWP, the search engine can match partial words and show results, even if complete terms aren’t matching.
- Highlighted Search Terms: To make it easy for your visitors, you can highlight the search terms in the documents or excerpts.
- Smart Suggestions: You can also show “Did you mean?” suggestions based on what users normally search for.
- Translation Ready: Revelanssi also supports the popular translation plugins for WordPress, like WPML and Polylang.
You can enjoy the basic features of Revelanssi for free.
If you want something more, you can get the paid version for $8.25/month or $99/month.
Another great option when it comes to effective search plugins is WP Extended Search.
With it, you can create different search forms with different behavior and settings. For example, you can create separate search forms for your online store and your blog.
Once you get past the complicated user interface, you can find a lightweight but useful WordPress search plugin here.
- Extended Search: You can search within meta keys, categories, tags, post author name, and much more. Sadly, it has a lot fewer options than SearchWP.
- Filter Post Types: You can also include or exclude any post type from the search results to keep the results useful.
- Customizable Search: WP Extended Search also allows you to set if you want to search the titles or contents or excerpts or even all of them. While not as powerful as SearchWP, it can still come in handy.
- Exclude Content By Date: If you want to focus on newer posts or products, you can edit the search widget to ignore older posts.
You can enjoy all the features of WP Extended Search for absolutely free.
ElasticPress is a pretty unique WordPress search plugin that has a lot of useful features.
Unlike the other options here, ElasticPress doesn’t use your WordPress site to show the search results. Instead, this search plugin uses its own cloud servers to process everything.
While it’s very powerful, you’ll have to get past the complicated setup to get the most out of it.
- Instant Autosuggest: Same as SearchWP, you can suggest results to visitors even as they type on the search bar using ElasticPress.
- Related Posts Module: You also have a special module that can show automatically find and show related content.
- Search all-the-things: ElasticPress can use its cloud processing to easily show search results to highly detailed queries with absolutely no problems.
- Document Search: Similar to SearchWP, your visitors can also search within the documents uploaded to your website.
For ElasticPress, the pricing plans start at $79/month or $948/year.
For WordPress search forms that are engaging to look at, give Ajax Search Lite a try.
In fact, you also get a collection of customization options to make your WordPress search bar look the way you want.
While it doesn’t have advanced analytics like SearchWP, you can use Google Analytics to track your searches.
- Translation Ready: This WordPress custom search plugin also works with powerful translation plugins like WPML and QtranslateX.
- Customizable Design: You also get 8 built-in templates and a lot of color options to pick the design of your search field.
- Front-end Filters: Visitors can use the filters on the front end to get even more accurate search results.
- Google Analytics Integration: Similar to options like SearchWP, there’s also a helpful analytics feature. You can also use Google Analytics to track your searches here.
You can use Ajax Search Lite and all of its features for free.
With Better Search, you can have a much better search experience on your website in just a few clicks.
While it doesn’t have many features, Better Search makes sure that it’s super easy to use.
The plugin will automatically replace the default WordPress search, just like SearchWP. So you can just activate the plugin and it’ll start working.
- Automatic Setup: All you have to do is install and activate the plugin, and Better Search will automatically become your default WordPress search.
- Popular Searches: With this WordPress search plugin, you can also record what your visitors are searching for and show a list of popular search terms on your website.
- Supports Cache Plugins: You can use cache plugins like WP-Super-Cache and W3 Total Cache to make your search results faster.
- Profanity Filter: Like the other options on this list, this WordPress search plugin also comes with a handy filter feature.
Better Search is completely free to use.
Which is the Best WordPress Search Plugin?
As you can see, it’s pretty easy to have a better website search with all these amazing WordPress search plugins to choose from.
But there’s one option that offers the most, and that is SearchWP.
With it, you get a range of impressive features that’ll allow your visitors to search everything on your website.
At the same time, the plugin is also super easy to use. Since it comes with automatic WordPress integration, there’s no need to worry about a complex setup.
As a bonus, you can also check the search analytics and learn more about your customers. This means you can create content that people are actually looking for.
With all these features, people can easily find the products they’re looking for. That means you’ll get a lot more sales.
And that’s it!
This was our list of the best WordPress search plugins that you can find out there. With the right one, you can make sure visitors have a smooth experience browsing your website.
So just grab your copy of SearchWP, and make sure your visitors have the best search experience on your website.
For an easy way to boost the popularity of your business and get more customers, take a look at our list of the best WordPress giveaway plugins.
Want to keep visitors engaged even when your site is down? Then check out our list of the best WordPress coming soon plugins.