The Featured Post extension adds the ability to display a specific post based on it’s ID. This allows you to display any single post independent of the rest of the feed.
Below is an example of using the Featured Post extension to display a Facebook post by it’s ID.
Shortcode used above:
[custom-facebook-feed type=photo featuredpost=50043151918_10155795166201919]
See the How to use tab above for directions on how to use the extension.
How to use
Extensions are installed just like any other WordPress plugin. You can follow the same process used when uploading and installing the Custom Facebook Feed Pro plugin.
The Featured Post extension also allows you to specify the ID of a post to display directly in the shortcode:
[custom-facebook-feed type=photo featuredpost=8245623462_10152583755573463]
You can find the ID by using the following format: NumericPageID_PostID
You can also find the ID of your post by using the Facebook Graph Explorer tool. Just enter your Facebook Page ID into the field followed by ‘/posts’ (eg: smashballoon/posts) and click ‘Submit’. You should then see the API feed of your posts. You can use your browser search tool to find your post and then copy and paste the ‘id’ field from that post into the ‘featuredpost’ shortcode option. A screenshot is included below for reference.
Type of post
In order for the post to be formatted correctly, you need to specify the type of post you are displaying. If you are displaying a photo then add
type=photo to the shortcode, for example. If it’s a link then add
type=link, if it’s an photo then
|Featured Post ID||featuredpost||Any post ID||The ID of the post you want to display||
|The type of post you are displaying||
* Due to Facebook restrictions, in order to display an event you would need to be a host of that event and also use an Access Token from your own Facebook Developer App. Please see here for more information on displaying events.
= 1.4.2 =
* Tweak: Updated the plugin updater script to reduce requests on the WordPress Plugins page
= 1.4.1 =
* Fix: Added support to Featured events for the “Interested In” count
= 1.4 =
* Compatible with version 3.0 of the Custom Facebook Feed Pro plugin
= 1.3 =
* Now uses the latest version of the Facebook API. Removed any dependency on version 2.0 of the Facebook API which will be deprecated on August 8th, 2016.
= 1.2 =
* Added the ability to display comment replies
= 1.1 =
* Updated to be compatible with version 2.4 of the Facebook API
= 1.0 =
* Launched the Featured Post extension