The Reviews extension allows you to display reviews from your Facebook Page on your WordPress site. Please note, you can only display reviews from a Facebook page that you are an admin of.
Below is an example of using the Reviews extension to display Facebook Page reviews.
Shortcode used above:
See the How to use tab above for directions on how to use the extension.
How to use
- Upload and install the extension plugin zip file. Extensions are installed just like any other WordPress plugin. You can follow the same process used when uploading and installing the Custom Facebook Feed Pro plugin.
- Obtain an Access Token by clicking the “Log in and get my Access Token” button on the plugin’s Settings page and then after approving the plugin, select the Facebook page that you wish to display reviews from.
- Once you have your Access Token then copy and paste it into the “Reviews Access Token” field which is added to the plugin’s Settings page.
- To display reviews simply set the Post Type to be “reviews”, as shown in the following shortcode:
Once the extension is installed, some customization settings will be added to the following location:
Facebook Feed > Customize > General > Reviews
You can choose to display only reviews which have received a specific rating, change the size of the star icons, and edit the “View all Reviews” text.
General review post customization
If you want to customize the general parts of the review posts (eg: background colors, text, links, etc) then you can do so by using the “Post Style” settings on the plugin’s “Customize” settings page.
Displaying your total Facebook Page rating
Unfortunately, Facebook’s API doesn’t include the total star rating for your page, however, you can manually display this on your page by adding the following to your page above the shortcode:
5.0 <i class="fa fa-star"></i><i class="fa fa-star"></i><i class="fa fa-star"></i><i class="fa fa-star"></i><i class="fa fa-star"></i>
This will display a 5 star total rating. You can change the number of stars by editing the code. Be sure to copy and paste it into the “Text” tab of the page editor so that it’s rendered as HTML.
The table below shows the available shortcode options for the Reviews extension:
|Display reviews||type||reviews||Display reviews in your feed||
|Show reviews rated||reviewsrated||1-5||Show reviews with these ratings||
|Hide negative reviews||hidenegative||true
|Hides any negative recommendations||
|Star icon size||starsize||Any number||The size of the star icons||
|“View all Reviews” text||reviewslinktext||Any text||The text to use for the link||
|Hide reviews with no text||reviewshidenotext||true
|Choose whether to hide reviews with no text in them||
|API retrieval method||reviewsmethod||auto
|Most users should leave this set as “Auto” and only change it if directed by a member of the support team.||
|Page Access Token||pagetoken||–||The Access Token for the Facebook page you want to display reviews from. Note: this shortcode option only needs to be used if displaying multiple review feeds from different Facebook pages, otherwise you can set it on the main plugin Settings page.||
= 1.1 =
* New: Added a setting to hide negative recommendations
* New: Now supports the “Boxed” post style and “Box Shadow” setting added in v3.7 of the Custom Facebook Feed Pro plugin
= 1.0.5 =
* New: Supports recommendations
* Fix: Now displays the avatars of people leaving reviews
* Tweak: Replaced link to the reviewers profile with link to the reviews page instead
= 1.0.4 =
* New: Added the ability to filter reviews by word/phrase. Just use the `filter` and `exfilter` shortcode settings.
* Tweak: Increased size of Reviews Access Token field so entire token is visible
* Fix: Updated directions in the tooltip on how to get a Reviews Access Token
* Fix: Removed broken image if avatar not available
= 1.0.3 =
* Fix: The wrong number of posts would sometimes be displayed when only showing reviews with certain star ratings or when choosing to only show reviews that contain text
* Fix: The `offset` shortcode option wasn’t working correctly with reviews
* Fix: Fixed an issue where the text length setting wouldn’t be applied to the review text
* Tweak: Updated the plugin updater script to reduce requests on the WordPress Plugins page
= 1.0.2 =
* New: Added a setting that allows you to hide reviews that don’t include any text
= 1.0.1 =
* Fix: Fixed an issue where line breaks in the review text was being converted to HTML line break tags
* Fix: Fixed an issue where 1 star checkbox on the settings page wouldn’t stay enabled
= 1.0 =
* Launched the Reviews extension