1) Once you’ve purchased the Custom Facebook Feed plugin click on the “Downloads” tab to download the plugin. Your download link, license key, and purchase information are also emailed to you at the address which you provided during checkout.
2) Once you’ve downloaded the .zip file there’s no need to open it. You’ll be uploading and installing this .zip file directly to WordPress.
Note: If you’re using Safari.
Then the .zip file will be automatically extracted after downloading it. You can disable this feature by navigating to Safari > Preferences > General > Deselect the box with the text “Open safe files after downloading“. After that, the plugin will now download as a .zip file and can be uploaded directly to WordPress.
3) If you are using the Free version of the WordPress plugin then be sure to deactivate it prior to installing the Pro version. After installing the Pro version, the free version can be deleted.
Note: To transfer your settings from the Free version to the Pro version do the following.
4) To upload the Pro version of the plugin click Add New at the top of your WordPress Plugins page.
5) Click Upload at the top.
6) Browse to the zip file which you downloaded when you purchased the plugin and click Install Now
7) Activate the plugin.
8) You’ll now see the Facebook Feed menu appear in your WordPress menu. Click on it and navigate to Settings to enter your license key.
9) Paste your license key into the field and click Save Changes
10) Click Activate License (It may take a few clicks before it shows Active)
11) Click on All Feeds and then click on the button labeled Add new.
Note: If you are connecting an account on behalf of someone else.
Then you can send them this link and ask them to send you their Facebook ID and Access Token. You can then add a new source and select the “Add Account Manually” button to enter their info. For more detailed information on how to use the Access Token tool see this link.
12) Click on the User Timeline option, then click Next
13) Click on the button labeled Add Source
14) Select the Add New option
15) Select the Type of account, then click the Connect button
16) Depending on the type of account you selected you’ll be redirected to Instagram (Personal profile) or Facebook (Business profile). If you are not logged in then will be prompted to do so. Once logged in, follow the prompts by clicking the Allow/Continue button.
19) The list of Facebook pages will be displayed. Select a page and click the Add button.
20) Add a name to your feed and customize it using the options on this screen, then click Save
21) Once you’re ready to embed your feed, click the Embed button and copy the shortcode.
22) To display your feed simply add the shortcode you created to any page, post, or widget, like so:
23) Navigate to the All Feeds page and click the Edit button to customize your feed.
Below version 6.0
1) Once you’ve purchased the Instagram Feed plugin click on the “Downloads” tab to download the plugin. Your download link, license key, and purchase information is also emailed to you at the address which you provided during checkout.
2) Once you’ve downloaded the zip file there’s no need to open it. You’ll be uploading and installing this zip file directly to WordPress.
Note: If you’re on a Mac then your OS may be set up to automatically unzip zip files when downloading. You can zip the files up again by just right clicking on the folder containing the files and clicking ‘Compress’. Alternatively, you can download the zip directly from your account.
3) If you are using the free version of the WordPress plugin then be sure to deactivate it prior to installing the Pro version.
Note: To transfer your settings from the free version to the Pro version just do the following:
1) Check the ‘Preserve Settings when plugin is removed’ option on the plugin’s Settings page
2) Remove the free version
3) Install and activate the Pro version
To upload the Pro version of the plugin click Add New at the top of your WordPress Plugins page.
4) Click Upload Plugin at the top.
5) Browse to the zip file which you downloaded when you purchased the plugin and click Install Now.
6) Activate the plugin.
7) You’ll now see the Instagram Feed menu appear in your WordPress menu. Navigate to the License page to enter your license key.
8) Paste your license key into the field and click Save Changes.
9) Click Activate License.
10) Click on the Configure tab.
11) Click on the large blue button to connect your Instagram account.
12) Once you’ve connected your Instagram account you can use the associated buttons to add or remove it from your Primary user feed, or to add it to another feed on your site. To create a Hashtag feed please follow the directions here.
13) Navigate to the Customize page to customize your feed.
14) Once you’ve customized your feed, copy the [instagram-feed] shortcode into any page, post or widget where you want the feed to appear.
15) You can use either the built-in “Instagram Feed” widget, or the default WordPress “Text” widget, to display your Instagram Feed in a sidebar or any other widget area.
16) To create a Hashtag feed, please see the directions here.
17) To see what else you can do with the Instagram Feed Pro plugin check out the video below!
Still have questions? We are here to help you succeed.Open a support ticket