Auto-renewal License Subscriptions
An “auto-renewal license subscription” is a renewal payment that is set up to “auto-renew” a plugin license so you don’t have to worry about coming back each year and going through the inconvenience of having to manually renew a license that you manage in your Smash Balloon user account.
Subscriptions are automatically created when you either purchase a plugin or renew an existing license.
You can cancel or unsubscribe from any existing subscription at any time within your Smash Balloon user account. Instructions are provided here on how to complete the process of cancelling a subscription.
There are many benefits to keeping a subscription in place such as:
- You maintain and continue the benefits of the Pro features of the plugin.
- You remain protected against the constant social media or WordPress changes via plugin updates and access to our team of support experts.
- Your current renewal rate for your license subscription locks you into your current renewal rate so you won’t be affected if prices increase in the future.
- You do not have to complete the purchase process required with a manual renewal.
When you create a Smash Balloon user account the email is added to our mailing list which periodically provides you with notices. These email notices may relate to changes recently made to the plugin(s) you own, tips and tricks that can be used with the plugin(s), specials that we are offering, or just reaching out to see how things are going for you with the plugin you own.
If you wish to no longer receive the notices just click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. Clicking that link it will permanently remove your email from the list and stop further notices from being sent to that email address.
Updating a License Subscription Payment
If you wish to update your payment information for an “auto-renewal” subscription payment you can do so by logging into your Smash Balloon user account here. Then click on the “Billing” section within your account, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Update payment info” next to the subscription listing of the purchase that you want to update the billing account information for. (See image below).
You should now be able to update your billing info for that subscription payment. If you don’t have a subscription yet (which may be the case for an older account) then you don’t need to update your billing information at this time. When you manually renew your license you can just use whatever credit card you like at that time and that is what will be used going forward for the auto-renew subscription payment source for future payments.
Cancelling a Subscription
1. Log into your Smash Balloon user account here.
2. After logging in, click on the “Billing” tab at the top of the page.
3. Scroll down to the “Subscription” section near the bottom of the page and click on “Cancel“. This will stop any future auto-renewals but your license will still be valid for the time frame it was purchased for. (See image below).
4. Review the information in the cancellation popup advising of the benefits of having a subscription and the risks of cancelling. To continue through the cancellation process be sure to check the boxes in the second pop-up screen.
Once you have cancelled the subscription your account should display the the subscription as being cancelled under the subscription “Status” column.
Please Note: Cancelling the subscription does not invalidate the license itself but rather it will remain valid for the time period that it was purchased or renewed for. Rather it just stops the “auto-renewal” process which means you then would have to perform the renewal steps from within your Smash Balloon user account at the time of the license expiration date.
After cancelling a “subscription” you can still check the actual license expiration date by selecting the link to the “Downloads” section at the top of the page. Scroll down to the Order # relating to that purchase where you can find the actual license expiration date. (See image below).
Still have questions? We are here to help you succeed.Open a support ticket