Instagram has two main different account types; Personal and Business*. Below are the specific differences between the two account types and what they are able to display:
- Display a basic feed of posts from any User account (either Personal or Business accounts)
- Display posts from a Business User account
- Display Hashtag feeds
- Display Tagged feeds
- Display Likes and Comment counts for a post
- Display post comments
- Display the account avatar and bio text in the header (Note, these can still be displayed for any existing Personal accounts created using the old Instagram API).
- The number of followers for an account
If you require any of the features listed in the Business section above then we recommend switching to a Business account. You can do this by following these directions.
*There is also a third account type called “Creator”, however, it has the same capabilities as a “Business” account.