To obtain a new Access Token from Instagram just follow the simple directions below:
1) Navigate to the Instagram Feed Settings page in your WordPress admin and click on the blue Instagram login button:
2) If you’re not logged into your Instagram account then you will be prompted to do so in order to authorize the plugin to obtain a token. When returned back to the settings page click the “Update this Account” button as shown below:
Alternatively, you get an access token from this page an use the “Manually Connect Account” button to update an existing account.
If you have entered an access token directly into a shortcode, you’ll need to udpate the shortcode with the new access token as well.
Switching Instagram Accounts
To obtain an Access Token for another account which you own then you’ll first need to log out of Instagram.com in your browser. You will then be prompted to log into an account when using the button in our plugin. See this FAQ for more info.
If the new Access Token doesn’t appear to be working then check the following:
- You copy and pasted it into the Access Token field correctly
- You clicked “Save Changes” after copy and pasting the token
- If you have any caching applied to your site then try clearing the cache as the old Access Token may still be being used by your site