If your site is built on WordPress then it’s recommended to use the WordPress plugin. Both versions of the plugin can display your feed in the same way and don’t look any different on the front-end, but there are a few key differences to consider:
- The WordPress plugin requires the site to be built on WordPress, whereas the Standalone version can be used on non-WordPress sites, such as static HTML sites, or other CMS’s.
- The Standalone version contains some files which you need to upload to your website. You can get a better idea of how the Standalone version works by viewing the setup documentation here.
- The WordPress plugin can receive automatic updates whereas the Standalone version requires manual updates.
- The WordPress plugin includes a user interface and allows you to change the options and settings for the plugin through your WordPress admin pages, whereas the Standalone version requires you to edit the settings in the HTML code.
- The WordPress plugin includes caching, whereas the Standalone version currently does not.
- The WordPress plugin includes support for IGTV, whereas the Standalone version currently does not.
If you have any specific questions about either version of the plugin then feel free to contact us.
Still have questions? We are here to help you succeed.Open a support ticket