If some posts by visitors to your page aren’t showing up in the feed on your website then this is likely due to one of the following two reasons:
1) The post only mentions the page and is not posted directly to it
The posts are not posted directly to the Facebook page and instead only mention the page in the post text. If a post only mentions/tags the page but is not posted to the page then it is not available in the API and so cannot be displayed by the plugin.
Here is an example of a post which was posted directly to our Facebook page. This type of post can be displayed:
Here’s an example of a post where our page was mentioned/tagged in the post text. This type of post can not be displayed:
2) Privacy reasons
If a user has privacy settings on their personal profiles set not to allow apps to display some or all of their content then the post won’t be accessible via the API. By preventing apps from accessing their content then it doesn’t show up in the Facebook API and the plugin isn’t able to display the content/posts for those users. In order to allow the plugin to display their content the user would have to do the following:
1) Log into their Facebook profile account and go to their Settings page
2) Click on Apps in the menu on the left hand side
3) In the section which says Apps others use click the Edit button (see first screenshot below)
4) Check the box which says Posts on my timeline (see second screenshot below)
5) Go to the plugin’s Settings page in WordPress and click Save Changes to force the plugin to check Facebook for new posts
This should then allow the plugin to display the content that they post to your page. If a user has decided to block apps from accessing their content then there’s not much you can do to display them without having them change their privacy settings to allow it.