If you’re experiencing an issue updating the plugin automatically via your WordPress Plugins page then you can manually update the plugin in one of two ways.
Uninstall and Reinstall
- If you’re using version 2.0 or higher then go to the plugin’s Customize page, click on the Misc tab, and at the bottom check the setting which says ‘Preserve Settings when plugin is removed’
- Uninstall the plugin
- Download the latest version of the plugin from your Account
- Upload it via your WordPress Plugins page by clicking on ‘Add New’ > ‘Upload Plugin’
Replace the files via FTP
If you have FTP access to your website then you can update the plugin by simply replacing the old plugin files with the new files.
- Download the latest version of the plugin from your Account and unzip the file
- Log into your site via FTP and locate the plugin files. These are usually in wp-content/plugins/custom-facebook-feed-pro
- Replace the files