= Version 1.4.2 – September 30, 2021 =
* New: Added PHP hook “sby_wp_post_content” to modify the post content before saving video posts as a custom post type in the WordPress database.
* New: Added a shortcode setting “allowcookies” that, when set to “true”, will allow YouTube cookies needed for custom end screens configured on youtube.com
* Tweak: Added “play” icon to main player for the gallery layout.
* Tweak: Added support for WordPress comments for the video posts saved as a custom post type in WordPress.
* Tweak: For video posts saved as WordPress custom post types, links found in the video description will be made into clickable HTML before being stored.
* Fix: Fixed a compatibility issue with the Complianz GDPR plugin.
* Fix: Setting the height and width of a feed using a shortcode would not work without including the unit of measurement.
* Fix: The description length setting was not working properly.
* Fix: Related videos would sometimes not show up as expected when ending or pausing a video being played in the lightbox.
= Version 1.4.1 =
* Fix: Fixed several issues with GDPR Cookie Consent by Web Toffee integration.
* Fix: Displaying a YouTube Feed using Smash Balloon and displaying a YouTube video using Elementor’s video widget no longer causes problems though some features for Feeds for YouTube may be limited.
= Version 1.4 – March 8, 2021 =
* New: The locations of the YouTube feeds on your site will now be logged and listed on a single page for easier management. After this feature has been active for awhile, a “Feed Finder” link will appear next to the Feed Type setting on the plugin Settings page which allows you to see a list of all feeds on your site along with their locations.
* Tweak: Description text shown next to or below the feed will now make URLs in to clickable links.
* Tweak: Shortened description text will always end on a word instead of cutting off parts of words.
* Fix: Pro version of the Web Toffee GDPR Cookie Consent plugin was not being detected.
* Fix: Updated jQuery methods for compatibility with WordPress 5.7.
* Fix: Extra characters added to video IDs will be ignored when making a single video feed.
* Fix: Cache ID of playlist feeds changed to prevent conflicts.
= Version 1.3.1 – February 4, 2021 =
* Fix: Fixed a problem with the order of upcoming live streams when two videos were streaming on the same day.
* Fix: When the GDPR setting was enabled and consent had not yet been given, the thumbnail for videos was not visible in the lightbox.
* Fix: Added PHP hooks for special actions after inserting or updating a custom post from a YouTube video.
* Fix: The Pro version of the Web Toffee GDPR Cookie Consent plugin was not being detected.
* Fix: Live streams that were not scheduled before streaming were not showing up in live stream feeds.
= Version 1.3 – December 16, 2020 =
* New: Integrations with popular GDPR cookie consent solutions added. Visit the YouTube Feed settings page, Customize tab, GDPR section for more information.
* New: Exclude past live streams in live stream feeds using the setting found on the “Configure” tab or adding showpast=”false” to your shortcode.
* Tweak: Live stream feeds are now ordered with currently streaming videos first, then other upcoming live streams sorted by closest upcoming live stream date, and lastly past live streams sorted by most recently streamed.
* Fix: Deleted live streams would still display in live stream feeds.
* Fix: When using page caching, changing the cache time to something other than hours would not work.
* Fix: Date that video was published would not always match what was shown on YouTube.com.
= Version 1.2.2 – October 26, 2020 =
* Tweak: Live stream feeds will now show past live streams as well as upcoming live streams.
* Tweak: Added support for improved notices on the plugin settings page.
* Fix: Connecting an account that didn’t have an associated YouTube channel would result in nothing happening. Now an empty channel is connected that can be used to create feeds.
* Fix: Iframe player now uses the video title as the iframe element title attribute.
* Fix: Call to action feature in video description was not using text for the button.
* Fix: Changed video info text color to inherit from your theme.
= Version 1.2.1 – September 24, 2020 =
* Tweak: Added an HTML class “sby_current” to the currently playing thumbnail when using the gallery layout. Selecting a video will continue to show the hover information.
* Tweak: Centered the video title for the related videos end of action feature.
= Version 1.2 – August 28, 2020 =
* New: Added compatibility with our new Social Wall plugin, which allows you to combine feeds from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube into one social media “wall”. If you are using our Smash Balloon All-Access Bundle then the Social Wall plugin is included at no additional cost. Just log into your account to download and install the plugin.
= Version 1.1.4 – July 8, 2020 =
* Tweak: Added noticed explaining the account connection and what it can and can’t be used for when connecting an account.
* Tweak: Removed refresh token from being required for a manual connection.
* Tweak: Cache name for custom search feeds changed to avoid cache conflicts.
* Fix: Caches of multiple feeds with filters would cause conflicts resulting in the wrong videos displaying in feeds.
* Fix: Improved performance of API requests for creating feeds.
= Version 1.1.3 – May 29, 2020 =
* New: To help us improve the plugin we have added usage tracking so that we can understand what features and settings are being used, and which features matter to you the most. The plugin will send a report in the background once per week with your plugin settings and basic information about your website environment. No personal or sensitive data is collected (such as email addresses, YouTube account information, license keys, etc). You can opt-out by simply disabling the setting at: Feeds for YouTube > Customize > Advanced > Enable Usage Tracking. See here for more information.
* Tweak: Play icon changed to YouTube logo to comply with YouTube’s terms of service.
* Tweak: More details are provided for API errors such as an API key not working after being created.
* Tweak: If an API key has not been entered, an account reconnection is required if trying to display videos from a previously unused channel and more than an hour has passed since the last account connection.
* Fix: Prevented a Fatal PHP error caused by retrieving videos without using an API key and either entering a non-existing channel ID or having allow_url_fopen disabled on the server.
* Fix: Non-latin characters were displaying incorrectly in titles and descriptions when a feed was using backup data.
= Version 1.1.2 – April 23, 2020 =
* Tweak: Video thumbnails are cropped to a 9:16 aspect ratio to remove black bars at the top and bottom of the images.
* Tweak: Improved workarounds for video player issues caused by having YouTube iframes from other sources on the same page.
* Fix: YouTube video post type would sometimes cause issues with WordPress search feature.
= Version 1.1.1 – April 7, 2020 =
* Tweak: Add setting to load iframes with the rest of the page to prevent conflict caused by other plugin’s or theme’s YouTube players being on the same page.
* Tweak: Upcoming and currently playing live streams are loaded into the feed differently allowing for up to 15 videos to display in a feed.
* Fix: Emoji in video description would cause the wrong thumbnail to be used for list layout.
* Fix: Line breaks in combination with double quotes in video descriptions would cause feed display issues.
= Version 1.1 – April 3, 2020 =
* Tested with WordPress 5.4 update.
* New: Display video players in 9:16 ratio. To use 3:4 ratio, go to the “Customize” tab, “Video Experience” area.
* New: “Single” feed type added. Use this type to display individual YouTube videos using the video ID.
* New: Added a “Feeds for YouTube” Gutenberg block to use in the block editor, allowing you to easily add a feed to posts and pages.
* Tweak: Removed extra space between posts if there was no info for the video included in the feed.
* Tweak: Changed how live streaming video feed type works to be more reliable.
* Tweak: Non Feeds for YouTube admin notices are removed when viewing settings pages for Feeds for YouTube.
* Tweak: Slight styling changes for how end of video actions are displayed.
* Fix: Pagination for certain feed types would not work properly.
* Fix: PHP error related to using PHP version 5.3 or less.
* Fix: Background caching was not updating feed caches.
= Version 1.0 – January 1, 2020 =