Thanks for considering joining our affiliate program! Please take a moment to review the terms and conditions of our program below. By registering to join our program you are agreeing to the below terms.
Commissions and payouts
- You’ll be awarded a 20% commission on the total cost of each sale that you initiate. This results in a commission range of $7.80 on a $39 sale, up to $99.60 on a $498 sale, or more if multiple plugins or extensions are also purchased.
- If your referred user makes a purchase within 30 days of using your affiliate link then you are awarded commission for the sale.
Payments are made once per month, for the previous month. There is no minimum dollar amount required in order to have your commission paid out.
- Commission payments are made via PayPal, so you must have PayPal in order to receive commissions. (Under certain circumstances we will consider other payment methods – please contact us if you need to discuss other options).
- We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases.
Disallowed methods of promotion
We review every referral manually to ensure that it’s legitimate, so please review the following rules carefully before promoting any of our products:
- It is not permitted to use this affiliate program as your own personal discount when purchasing one of our products. Commissions won’t be paid out to individuals who abuse the program in this manner. This includes using a different email address.
- It is not permitted to use the affiliate program as part of a coupon/discount site where you offer the affiliate commission as a discount to users. Customers who are searching for a coupon are already planning to purchase one of our products, so this method adds no value.
- Any type of spam is prohibited. Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote our products.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated.
Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by Smash Balloon is prohibited.
Allowed methods of promotion
The way you promote our products and refer potential customers to our products has a direct effect on how many of your referrals are successfully converted into customers and how much you earn in commissions. Here are a few examples of promotional methods you can use to earn more commission:
- Tell clients, customers or friends about our products, and give them your affiliate referral link
Write a review or a blog post about social media, integrating social media content into your website, or our plugins, and link to our site with your referral link
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your Linkedin followers about affiliate marketing with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase one of our plugins, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (meaning the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout. If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
The important stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate you are not an employee of Smash Balloon, LLC. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against Smash Balloon, LLC. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.