Setting up the Instagram Feed Pro WordPress Plugin
1) Once you’ve purchased the Instagram Feed plugin you’ll be presented with the purchase confirmation screen which displays your license key and a link to download the plugin. This information is also emailed to you at the address which you provided during checkout. Take note of your license key and click on the download link to download a zip file of the plugin.
Note: You can also download the plugin zip file directly from your Account on our website.
2) Once you’ve downloaded the zip file there’s no need to open it. You’ll be uploading and installing this zip file directly to WordPress.
Note: If you’re on a Mac then your OS may be set up to automatically unzip zip files when downloading. You can zip the files up again by just right clicking on the folder containing the files and clicking ‘Compress’. Alternatively, you can download the zip directly from your account.
3) If you are using the free version of the WordPress plugin then be sure to deactivate it prior to installing the Pro version.
Note: To transfer your settings from the free version to the Pro version just do the following:
1) Check the ‘Preserve Settings when plugin is removed’ option on the plugin’s Settings page
2) Remove the free version
3) Install and activate the Pro version
To upload the Pro version of the plugin click Add New at the top of your WordPress Plugins page.
4) Click Upload Plugin at the top.
5) Browse to the zip file which you downloaded when you purchased the plugin and click Install Now.
6) Activate the plugin.
7) You’ll now see the Instagram Feed menu appear in your WordPress menu. Navigate to the License page to enter your license key.
8) Paste your license key into the field and click Save Changes.
9) Click Activate License.
10) Click on the Configure tab.
11) Click on the large blue button to connect your Instagram account.
12) Once you’ve connected your Instagram account you can use the associated buttons to add or remove it from your Primary user feed, or to add it to another feed on your site.
13) Navigate to the Customize page to customize your feed.
14) Once you’ve customized your feed, click on the Display Your Feed tab to grab the [instagram-feed] shortcode.
15) Copy the shortcode and paste it into any page, post or widget where you want the feed to appear.
16) You can paste the shortcode directly into your page editor, as shown below.
17) You can use the default WordPress ‘Text’ widget to display your Instagram Feed in a sidebar or other widget area.
18) To see what else you can do with the Instagram Feed Pro plugin check out the video below!